Zendesk is a customer service application, most often used by companies to track and reply to queries from their customers. By integrating Todoist with Zendesk, you’ll be able to create Todoist tasks from Zendesk tickets with a single click.
After adding the integration to your Zendesk organization, you’ll find a Todoist icon in the ticket sidebar which will allow you to send a task straight to your Todoist Inbox.
Setting up the integration
- Go to the Todoist integration’s listing in the Zendesk marketplace.
- Click Install.
- Select the organization you wish to install the app for in the dropdown menu.
- Click Install again.
- A new page will open. Click Install again.
- You’re all set! You’ll now find the Todoist icon in the sidebar when viewing tickets in Zendesk.
Using the integration
- Open a Zendesk ticket.
- Click Apps in the top-right corner. This will open a view of all your installed app integrations.
- If this is your first time using the integration, you’ll be asked to sign in to Todoist and allow access.
- Click Add task. A task will be added to your Todoist Inbox, which will have the title of Zendesk: ticket title. So, if your ticket is titled Billing Question, the corresponding Todoist task will be titled Zendesk: Billing Question.
- (Optional) Click View task in Zendesk to be taken straight to the task in Todoist.
If you no longer want to use Zendesk with Todoist, here's how to remove the integration from your Zendesk organization:
- Open the admin view for your Zendesk organization.
- Under Apps, click Manage.
- You should now be in the My apps view. Hover over the Todoist icon and click the Settings icon.
- Select Uninstall.