Need somewhere to plan a big party with a friend, share a grocery list with your spouse, or assign chores to your kids? Try sharing a project with them!
Share a project
Everyone you share a project with will have full access to all of the information, like tasks, comments, and uploaded files. They can add new tasks, assign tasks, complete tasks, add comments, and upload new files to the project.
- Right-click the project and select Share.
- Type in the name or email address of the person you want to share with. If the person you're inviting doesn't have a Todoist account, they’ll receive a project invite email with the option to set up a free account.
- Click Invite to send the invitation(s).
Share a parent project
If you share a parent project with someone, they won't automatically have access to its sub-projects. You will instead need to invite them to each sub-project.
Assign a task
- Open any shared project and click + Add task.
- Write out the task name and type the + symbol followed by their name.
- Select the person's name from the drop-down menu.
Remove someone from a shared project
- Right-click the project.
- Select Share from the menu.
- Hover over a user's name you want to remove.
- Click the trash can icon next to their name.
Yes, but only in a shared project.
Please note that you'll need to share the project with that person before you assign them a task. If you've not already shared the project, the person will not show up on your assignee list.