The Productivity view in Todoist is the perfect place to review your completed tasks, track how well you’re achieving your goal, and see how many Karma points you’ve accumulated.
What can I see in the Productivity view?
The Productivity view lets you see how many tasks you’ve completed on a daily and weekly basis, how much progress you’re making towards your daily and weekly goals, and which projects you’re working on most.
You can also review your Karma, which is a points system in Todoist that rewards you for completing tasks, achieving goals and more.
How to use the Productivity view
Let’s start by viewing your Productivity:
- Click on your daily goal count in the top-right corner to open Your Productivity.
View completed tasks
The first thing you’ll notice in Productivity is how many tasks you’ve completed in total, which is also a link to View all completed tasks. Click or tap this option to see which tasks you’ve completed lately.
Daily and Weekly goals
In the center of Productivity, you’ll see how many tasks you’ve completed today and whether you’ve completed your daily goal.
In addition to daily goals, Todoist keeps track of your weekly goals. You can view the weekly goal by clicking the Weekly tab in Productivity. You’ll be able to see how many tasks you’ve completed this week and how much progress you’ve made towards your goal.
By default, your daily goal is 5 and your weekly goal is 25. However, you can edit these at any time on the web, Windows, or macOS app, through the Karma Goals and Settings link or Edit goal links.
Below your goals, you can check out your streak. Your streak is the number of days or weeks in a row that you’ve achieved your goal. You’ll also see your longest streak to keep you motivated.
Completed Task Summary
To get an idea of which projects you’re working on most, you can look at a summary of tasks you’ve completed in the last 7 days.
The colors represent the colors of the projects where you completed tasks. The vertical gray line represents your daily goal.
As you successfully complete tasks on time in Todoist, you’ll gain Karma points and achieve new Karma levels. You can see your current Karma points and level by selecting the Karma tab in Productivity.
Learn more about Karma points, and how you earn them.
Change your productivity and Karma settings from the Karma menu in Settings:
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner of Todoist.
- Click Settings.
- Click Productivity. You can now:
- Turn the Karma feature on and off entirely by using the Todoist Karma toggle.
- Change your daily and weekly goals.
- Take a break from Karma for any day of the week by clicking the appropriate day under Days off (on these days, you won’t gain Karma and won’t lose your daily/weekly streaks. For instance, you could turn off Saturday and Sunday so you only keep track of tasks during the week and don’t lose your streaks over the weekend).
- Turn on Vacation Mode by using the Vacation Mode toggle (you won’t break your streak while you take time off from Todoist).
Unfortunately, you can't turn off the daily goal icon at this point, but you can turn off Karma using the Productivity settings. A workaround is to go into the Productivity settings and set your Daily goal to 0. The daily goal icon will always be completed then and won't get in your way.