Separate your high-impact tasks from the everyday noise by adding important projects, labels, and filters to your favorites.
Add a project to your favorites
- Click the menu icon at the top-left side of Todoist to view the sidebar.
- Click the three dots icon beside the project name to view more project actions.
- Select Add to favorites from the menu.
Your project will show up in the Favorites section of the sidebar.
Add a filter or label to your favorites
- Click the menu icon at the top-left to view the sidebar.
- Click Filters & Labels in the sidebar menu.
- Click the heart icon beside the filter or label you want to add to your favorites.
Your filter or label will show up in the Favorites section of the sidebar.
Remove a project, label or filter from favorites
You can remove a project, label or filter from favorites whenever you need to.
- Right-click the project, label, or filter you want to remove from your favorites.
- Select Remove from favorites from the menu.
No, you can only add projects, filters or labels to your favorites.
Yes, your favorites will sync across your devices.
You can reorder favorites within each category of projects, labels and filters. Here's how:
Favorites are listed in the same order as they appear in your projects, labels and filters lists. So if you wanted a project to appear at the top of your favorites, for example, you would simply drag-and-drop (Web, macOS, Windows) or tap and hold and then drag (Android, iOS) the project to the top of your Projects list. It would then move to the top of the projects area in your favorites.
However, you can't change the order that the favorites categories will be listed: projects, labels and then filters.
Yes. When you add a project, label or filter to favorites, nothing is moved: a new shortcut to your original project, label or filter is simply added to your navigation panel. You can still access the original in the same way you always have.
It’s the same when you remove from favorites: nothing is moved or deleted; only the link in your navigation panel is hidden.