If you're logging in to Todoist for Windows, and the browser doesn’t redirect you back to the app after entering your credentials, try the following steps to resolve the issue:
Step 1: Use the latest version of Todoist
- Right-click the Todoist icon in the system tray.
- Select Quit Todoist. The new version will automatically be installed once the app is closed.
Step 2: Check if pop-ups and redirects are allowed
Since the location of these settings change frequently, check the browser help page for the latest steps to turn on pop-ups:
- Chrome: Block or allow pop-ups
- Edge: Block pop-ups
- Firefox: Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions, and troubleshooting
Step 3: Change the default browser
Change the default web browser temporarily to see if there is a browser-specific issue.
Read the Windows support article to change the default browser.
Step 4: Uninstall the app and delete the cache
- Uninstall the Todoist app.
- Press Windows + R.
%APPDATA%/Todoist. This will open the Todoist app folder.
- Delete the contents of the folder.
- Reinstall the Todoist app.
Get more help
If you're still having trouble logging in to Todoist for Windows, get in touch with us. In your message, share screenshots of the Todoist settings, app version number, and troubleshooting steps you've tried.
To find the app version number, right-click the Todoist icon in the system tray. The version number is next to View Changelog.