Google Assistant is Google’s AI-powered virtual assistant. By using Todoist via Google Assistant, you'll be able to use voice or typed commands to add tasks, view projects and perform searches.
Connect Todoist with Google Assistant
The Todoist app on your Android mobile device is automatically integrated with your Google Assistant and can be invoked via voice or typed commands sent to the assistant.
It’s not possible to use Todoist with Google Assistant on smart home devices, iOS devices, or Wear OS devices.
Using Todoist with Google Assistant
To start, open Google Assistant or say "OK Google". Next, you'll be able to do things like:
To add a task to a project in Todoist, use any of the following formats:
- Add <task name> to my list on Todoist
- Add <task name> to my <project name> list on Todoist
- Add <task name> <due date> to my <project name> list on Todoist
- Saying "Add unpacking to my list on Todoist" adds a task called Unpacking to your Inbox.
- Saying "Add milk to my grocery list on Todoist" adds a task called Milk to your Groceryproject.
- Saying "Add wash car today to my chores list on Todoist" adds a task called Wash car due Today to your Chores project.
To search for a task, section, or project in Todoist, use any of the following formats:
- Look up <search term> on Todoist
- Find <search term> on Todoist
- Saying "Look up renewal on Todoist" opens the Todoist app and performs a search for any project or section containing the word Renewal.
- Saying "Find tomorrow on Todoist" opens the Todoist app and performs a search for all tasks due Tomorrow.
To open a project or a section in Todoist, use the following format:
- Open <project or section name> on Todoist
- Saying "Open my meetings on Todoist" opens the Todoist app and displays the list of tasks in the My Meetings project.
- Saying "Open monthly feedback on Todoist" opens the Todoist app and displays the list of tasks in the Monthly Feedback section.
Unfortunately, Todoist with Google Assistant is currently only available in English. You will therefore have to speak your commands to Google Assistant in English.
When speaking to Google Assistant, Google's Natural Language Processor (NLP) converts what it hears to text that is passed to the integration.
This is being managed by Google and we therefore won't be able to improve it on our end.
If you add a task to a project that doesn't exist, the task will get added to your Inbox instead.
If you issue a command to open a section while there is a project with the same name, the project will take precedence and be opened instead of the section. It's currently not possible to change this.