If your workflow includes recreating projects, or if you want to copy and share the same task list with different people, you can duplicate a project.
When you duplicate a project, Todoist quickly creates a copy of any existing project or sub-project. You'll see the words Copy of… added to the project name to help differentiate it from the original project, preventing mistakes.
You can easily change the name of a duplicated project at any time.
What is duplicated
- Project name and color
- Chosen view
- Chosen sorting, grouping, or filtering options
- Active sections, tasks, and sub-tasks (with respective due dates, priorities and labels)
What is not duplicated
- Task reminders.
- Completed tasks and archived sections.
- Project and task comments.
- Favorite setting: you can add it to your favorites at any time.
- Sharing settings: a duplicated project is private by default. You can share it later.
- Sub-projects: you can duplicate them individually the same way as parent projects.
Duplicate a project
- In your projects list, click the three dots icon to the right of the project name.
- Select Duplicate.
- Click Open to navigate to the duplicated project.
- Change the name of the project.
No, you can duplicate only one project at a time.
No. Your two projects will be separate from each other.