+ Add Question

Different results of the same user filter on Web and Android

Hello, team!

I have a strange issue on filters.

Currently I need a "global sorted" filter to see all overdue and "7 days" task in all projects including tasks that were delegated to me and to others sorted by date.

I made a user filter like this one: "overdue, :all: & 7 days" and it worked fine for some time. Now I mentioned that on my Android smartphone it works Ok, but in the Web client I don't see the tasks that are overdue and delegated to others. What could it be?

And one more question, just for understanding the core: :all: means all tasks, including tasks that were delegated by me to others and by others to others?

All responses

David Trey  staff
Replied on Jul 17, 2014 - 13:18 UTC


First off - yes, :all: will include every task you have access to no matter who created it, who assigned it to whom etc. - it's literally all of them.

That said, I've tried to use this filter:

:all: & overdue, :all: & 7 days

and it seems to work. Please let me know if it works for you too.

Best regards,

lavrentiew  premium
Replied on Jul 18, 2014 - 10:34 UTC

Hi, David!

Thanks for help! Both issues are solved. And I eventually understood the syntax.

Maciek  premium
Replied on Nov 24, 2014 - 20:21 UTC


I've been experimenting with quite complex filters to suit my needs and recently managed to create two filters working differently on Android and in the Web.


(overdue, today) & @n0, (overdue, today) & P1, (overdue, today) & (P2 | P3), (overdue, today) & P4 & !@n0

on Android displays everything as expected. In the Web, when I paste it to the filter box, it also works fine, but when I save it as a filter, it displays as:

(overdue, today) & @n0, (overdue, today) & P 1, (overdue, today) & (P 2 | P 3 ), (overdue, today) & P 4 & !@n 0

(with some spaces added) and the third part returns empty. It seems like the issue is where "!@n0" is turned to "!@n 0". The same label is used in the first part (but without the "!"), the space is not added before "0" – and this part works fine.


(overdue, today) & [

works on Android, but not in the Web (shows "SyntaxError: unterminated character class") and

(overdue, today) & \[

works in the Web, but on the Android – does not :)

All the best!

Brendon Wadey  staff
Replied on Nov 25, 2014 - 00:32 UTC


Thanks for these. We are aware of issues where one will work on Android and not web, and the other way around. We are working on a new system that should resolve most of these.

Does putting each step in its own bracket help ((overdue,today) & @n0) &....


Maciek  premium
Replied on Nov 25, 2014 - 10:45 UTC


Tried it already :) Actually, when I put it in brackets, like this:
((overdue, today) & P4 & !@n0)
and save as a new filter, web version converts it to:
((overdue, today) & P 4 & !@n 0 )
and says:
SyntaxError: unmatched ) in regular expression.

Again, it happens only when negation ("!") is in use.

The workaround is to change the label name to one without any digits, i.e. @non-zero instead of @n0. It's not ideal, but it works :)