Task Due date saved with incorrect time in Android app
When creating a task from Android app, due date gets saved with AM time, when PM time is selected in time picker. Same happens on editing. Android V. 4.3
Please tell me:
- Which version of our app are you using?
- Do you have the 12- or 24-hour format selected in Todoist's settings?
So far, I can't reproduce this issue in our app version 3.0.9 with 12-hour settings both on the phone and in Todoist.
Thanks for reply.
I got app version 3.0.9 and have 12-hour setting in Todoist.
I had 24-hour setting on the phone but changing it to 12-hour didn't resolve the issue.
What I noticed is the issue appears only when I change the hour value when setting due date.
I create a task, open time picker for setting time, it has current time selected as default value. If I don't change the hour value here- only minute or AM/PM- time gets saved correct. If I change hour, PM time gets saved as AM time.
AM time gets saved correct in any case.
Not sure if this related, but I noticed this issue after phone upgraded to Android 4.3 recently.
Thank you for the explanation, but I still can't reproduce it. I can make the app move from AM to PM if I use the hour date picker and move the hour to a time that actually is PM or AM, but then it gets saved correctly?
So, for example, If I have a task set to 1pm and move the hour wheel up to 11, then since that actually is 11am, it will move to AM correctly and vice-versa.
Please clarify - is that what you're experiencing? If so, that's the correct behavior. Or does it move from AM to PM even if you move the wheel from 8am to 9am?
No, what you described is not what happens in my case.
What happens is when I select time in picker, e.g. 7:00 PM, press OK, it goes back to add task screen, and shows time correct- 7:00PM.
But when I save the task, task due date get saved with time as 7:00 AM.
I didn't mention this before (didn't think that would matter), but I'm using Todoist app with Russian UI.
When I changed my phone language to English, and opened Todoist with English UI problem was gone.
So it looks like it's related to Russian UI only.
Thank you for this information, I can indeed reproduce it now with the Russian version and I've passed it to the developers.
This issue has been addressed in the latest version of our app, please let us know if it persists.
Issue was resolved. Thank you.