Cannot type "a" or "/" in reminder date/time box
It's true that / and a are keyboard shortcuts we use in our app - / jumps to the search bar and "a" opens a task input field. However, I could not reproduce this issue so far and I've managed to successfully type both these characters within the reminder box.
Please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a different browser?
- How exactly are you adding the reminder step-by-step? Are you editing an existing task? Are you adding a new one? In what view are you adding it?
I am using Chrome 31.0.1650.57 m on Windows. I tried it in IE 10.0.9200.16736, but was unable to reproduce it there.
The process I went through was this:
1. From the 7-day view, hit Ctrl+Q
2. Type a task name and priority (something like "Foo!p2")
3. Tab to the date field and enter a date (something like "ev 2 weeks")
4. Tab again to the project drop-down and select the correct project ("Work")
5. Click the reminders icon
6. Attempt to type "ev Monday @ 20:00" or anything else containing an "a" or "/", such as "ev 2 weeks starting 12/2 at 8 PM"
None of the "a" or "/" characters worked in the above scenario; I had to copy and paste them if I really wanted them.
I've used the exact same Chrome version as you did, followed the steps you've mentioned exactly and I can't reproduce this issue. I can type /// or aaa within the reminder date field and it works without issues.
That said, please try to go to Chrome's Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data, search for "todoist", remove all entries, reload the browser and log back in making sure you're going directly to https://todoist.com and not a bookmark pointing to any other URL especially one containing a version number.
If the issue persists, please tell me:
- How are you selecting the project in step 4? By typing its first letter or using arrows?
- What type of reminder do you have set as default?
It seems to be partially working for me after clearing my cache and going directly to todoist.com; I can type "a", but still not "/".
I was selecting the project by typing the first letter.
I do not have any reminders by default.
I still can't reproduce either of these issues. Please tell me - what letter are you typing in to select the project?
I am typing "p" for "Personal."
I played around with this and can shed some additional light: everything works if there is no exclamation point in the task name, but it breaks if there is one. Examples:
(A) If, in step 2 above, I type "Foo" (or anything else not containing an exclamation point) as the task name, then I can type both "a" and "/" in the reminder date/time field.
(B) If I type "Foo!p1" (or anything else containing an exclamation point) as the task name, I can type neither "a" nor "/" in the reminder date/time field. The "a" does nothing, and "/" jumps to the search box.
(C) The same thing happens if I type "Foo", then go back and edit the task name to read "Foo!p2". I can type "a" or "/" in the date/time field until I type the exclamation point in the task name. After I edit the task name to include an exclamation point, I can type neither "a" nor "/" in the reminder date/time field.
I've been able to finally reproduce this issue, but only if I open the reminder box first and then, with the reminder box opened, go back to the task's name and add an exclamation mark.
That said, I've passed it to the developers and we'll look into it.