+ Add Question

Sometimes when I move a task with subtasks, the subtasks are lost. Chrome, Windows 7


I tried to reproduce the issue with a test project and could not get it to lose any taks. But it has happened several times with projects with subtasks when some of the subtasks are completed and some not. After this happened in Chrome I logged in with IE and the subtasks were missing there as well.

All responses

Brendon Wadey  staff
Replied on Nov 14, 2013 - 17:16 UTC

Hi Thomas,

Are you able to provide any details as to when this happens, are you within a Project, a date based view? Are you some how archiving, or deleting the task, instead of moving?

Does this only happen with Chrome? Anything you can provide will help us troubleshoot the issue.


Thomas O'Connor  premium
Replied on Nov 14, 2013 - 17:23 UTC

Thanks for the response Brendon,
I am within a project. I am dragging a task with subtasks. I place the cursor to the left of the task until it becomes a 4 way arrow and drag it to a new spot within the same project. I think it has only happened when I dragged the task higher above another task with subtasks. Then the one I was moving just disappears. I only use chrome. I have typically not have problems moving tasks and am sure I am not archiving or deleting as I am using a left-click not a right-click.

Brendon Wadey  staff
Replied on Nov 17, 2013 - 18:42 UTC


Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this issue, which we need to properly fix it. If you can think of anything else that you might be doing when this happens would help us resolve it.