Outlook Plugin Doesn't Autoload
After upgrading to version 2.5, Outlook plugin doesn't autoload anymore. It loads when manually enabled in add-in management screen, but it still doesn't load next time Outlook starts.
Thank you for your report, we'll look into this, but please tell me:
- What version of Windows are you using?
- What version of Outlook are you using?
Outlook 2013 on Windows 8.1
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. I've tried multiple times with Windows 8.1 64-bit and Outlook 2013 32-bit and the Todoist plugin always loads automatically upon restarting Outlook.
Please tell me - are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Outlook and do you have any other plugins in Outlook?
Thank you for the reply.
I'm using 32bit of Outlook with only another plugin, Lync 2013.
It always loaded before upgrading to version 2.5.
I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this issue under any circumstance. Please try to delete the plugin through Programs & Features (it will be listed as "OutlookTodoist") and then reinstall the latest version and see if this helps.
I tried to uninstall/reinstall and nothing changed.
But I found this tool to easily change registry settings for load behaviors.
Somehow the Todoists plugins are not in autoload mode and i just changed them to. Now the problem is solved.
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for the tip. The devs know about this and this should be fixed in our next update, once everything else is fixed :)
I have been having this issue since late November and after a brief exchange with Todoist support about it
I gave up on getting it resolved (and on using the addin as a result). Its a shame, given this post predates my issue (which only came about as a follow-on to another issue) that support was not able to point me to this solution beforehand...
Anyway, thank you to Kris for pointing out this utility. I've just downloaded and run it and found that it shows two entries for the Todoist addin; is this normal? I've saved the results as an HTML file which I am happy to share with you so you can see what it says, but I don't know how to as I don't seem to be able to paste it into this post.
Please advise whether it is normal that the Todoist addin is listed twice. Both entries show as "start mode: disabled" and both entries are identical in all respects except the registry for the first entry is located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER whilst for the second it is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. I am not a programmer and so this is all pretty much gibberish to me and I've no idea whether it is normal or not.
Please confirm whether I should change one, the other, or both.
Please try to install this new updated version of our Outlook plugin and let us know if the issue persists: https://d2dq6e731uoz0t.cloudfront.net/6cbfe87a597f69aefd816f9cdac2957a/as/OutlookTodoist.Adx.exe