On the Chrome plugin, why doesn't the list of tasks from the 'today' query not list the project(s) against which the tasks are defined? I thought it used to display the project names (it does still on the mobile).
Are you using the mobile website, or an app? As projects do not show unless you open the side menu. On the Today view on all platforms, it will just show your tasks.
I'm using the Chrome plugin. Here's what I have:
- Task 1 (for today)
- Task 2 (for tomorrow)
- Task 3 (for tomorrow)
- Task 4 (for today)
I click on the Todoist Chrome plugin -> Show Menu -> "today" (today, overdue). The list I get is this:
- Task 1
- Task 4
whereas it used to be:
- Task 1 (Project A)
- Task 4 (Project B)
I'm wondering why I cannot see Projects A and B against these tasks.
I would suggest clearing the cache for Chrome and let me know if it still happens. Do you have any extensions that could block scripts or anything such as this? I was thinking you were referring to the actual Project side menu, I now understand what you are talking about :)
I cleared the Chrome browser cache and the issue still exists. There should not any other scripts blocking this because it used to work correctly until at least 2 days back.
Could you send a screenshot of your Todoist layout to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the issue.
Just sent you an email with the screenshot.
Ah, I found the bug. It looks like one of the task descriptions is really long. In this case, the project names disappear!
I cut down a lot of text from the task description and I can see the projects again!
Expected: Long text descriptions should not affect project name display.
Glad you have figured it out. I was going to suggest checking your task names.