+ Add Question

Bug with task count for sub-tasks.

AB

In the project list at the left, there is a number showing how many tasks are in that list. When I have a flat list with for example, 10 tasks, it will show "10" on the project list. As I check off tasks, that number decrements, as I'd expect.

However when I have a list with subtasks, that count doesn't seem to work correctly. For example, if I have a project with 2 main tasks, and each has 4 sub-tasks, it will show a total of "10", as I'd expect (2 + 4*2). When I check off sub-tasks, I can see that the number decrements (in realtime), but as soon as the page is "refreshed", either by a hard refresh or AJAX via the POST `syncAndGetUpdated`, it reverts back to a count of the number of tasks on the page, instead of the number of uncompleted tasks.

Not only is the count not what I'd expect, but this looks a bit strange, when I can see my task count going down, and then a second or two later going back up.

All responses

AB
Aaron Blenkush
Replied on Oct 04, 2013 - 11:17

Another interesting side effect of the above: if you uncheck an already completed sub-task, the count will actually go down at first.

That's a very strange feeling, to see the count go the opposite ways.

David Trey staff
Replied on Oct 04, 2013 - 12:40

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your report, I've been able to reproduce this issue and I've passed it to the developers, we'll look into it now.


Best regards,
David

AB
Aaron Blenkush
Replied on Oct 07, 2013 - 10:30

Thanks, David. I just wanted to note that the counts are also affected by collapsing lists. The count changes briefly, then goes back after the AJAX request.

David Trey staff
Replied on Oct 07, 2013 - 11:17

Aaron,

Thank you for clarifying, this may be the same related issue, we'll look into it very soon.


Best regards,
David

AT
Andrew Thacker premium
Replied on Oct 15, 2013 - 03:49

+1
Observed this too

Q
Quentin premium
Replied on Dec 15, 2013 - 07:51

Hi, I have this problem too. This bug was reported 2 months ago. Do you have an update on this issue ?

Thanks.

David Trey staff
Replied on Dec 15, 2013 - 14:27

Hello Quentin,

This issue should be fixed by now. I can't reproduce it anymore. Please try to log out, clear your browser's cache, reload the browser and log back in directly through todoist.com (make sure you don't use a bookmark that may point to a different URL with an old version number in it).


Best regards,
David

Q
Quentin premium
Replied on Dec 16, 2013 - 02:11

Hello David,

I've logged out, cleaned cache/cookies and log-in On Chromium and Firefox as you said and I still have a bug in Tasks count on todoist.com

To be more preciseon my issue: I have sub-projects with no tasks in it (Where I had tasks completed), but I have a number next to the project.

I have found a "workaround" : just add and complete a task in this project and the count will be correct again (if it can help other users).

David Trey staff
Replied on Dec 16, 2013 - 06:43

Quentin,

In that case, this might have been a different issue. Due to a glitch probably during syncing, the counter may get broken for a project and adding and completing a task there will fix it, but we can't identify what's causing this issue.

It's different from the bug reported here which was a consistent issue changing the task count upon completing sub-tasks and then back after syncing.


Best regards,
David