Reminders are not set when sending tasks as emails
I emailed some task on my project Inbox email. Date, task and label were set ok, but reminder got lost somewhere. Could you please investigate this issue?
1. Reminder set in subject of the email becomes part of task name.
2. Reminder set in email body is not recognized.
3. Setting reminder just after a label (in the email body) makes it part of that label. That is actually very strange behavior. Part of reminder declaration becomes a Note for the task.
Under link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xepskyhnh9wuc3b/KlQgsB5PeF#/
you can find some additional info.
The file 'todoist1.png' is for 1.
Rest of the files are for 3.:
- 'badly_formatted_label.txt' shows how label and remind declaration become one and are displayed in html,
- file 'label+reminder.txt' has the body of email I sent
- file 'note' shows how part of reminder declaration became a note.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. I have now sent two emails to one of my projects. One contained <remind tomorrow at 11:00> and the second <remind tomorrow at 11> in both cases within the subject line.
In both cases, the task had a reminder correctly set to tomorrow at 11:00.
Next, I've sent an email with a <remind tomorrow at 13:00> tag within the body of the main instead of the subject and again - it worked correctly and the task had such reminder.
Finally, I've send a mail with "Subject @label <remind tom at 2pm>" and it also worked correctly. Only when I haven't used any space between the label and the reminder tag, it got broken so if that's what you've tried - please always use a space to separate these tags.
That said, please tell me:
- In what language are you using Todoist?
- Can you reproduce this issue by sending just a blank email with a subject contining "Test <remind tom at 14:00>"?
- What's the time format you use on Todoist? 24-hour or 12-hour with am/pm?
- Are you using any "special" email client which may convert any mail upon sending it out?
Problem still exists for me. Please find answers to your questions below.
1. I use Todoist in English on the webpage and Polish in mobile clients.
2. The issue was reproduced by sending an email just as you asked.
3. I use 24-hour format.
4. I was sending these test emails from gmail from the chrome browser. No special software.
Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce it. I've just sent the same test message I've asked you to also using Gmail through the web and the task was added correctly with the reminder. I also use a 24-hour format.
Please tell me - when you go to Todoist's Settings -> Reminders, do you actually have a default reminder method selected there? And if so - which one is it? Also, does this happen regardless of what project you send the email to?
I actually don't have any default reminder set, because it had always set the time of notification to 30 minutes before which was not always good for me, so I turned it off. Can this be the case of all the trouble? :/
I tested on Inbox and another project and it was the same. No remainder was set, it just was in the title of the task.
It seems it was. If I turn default reminder off then all the strange things start happening. If it's on then all seem to work fine.
Thank you for this information, I'll pass it to the developers and we'll look into it.
Thanks and good luck hunting this bug! :)
This bug is now fixed. You can have no default reminders set in the settings and when you email a task with a reminder, it will be added correctly and set to "Email reminder" (unless you select a different method in the settings).