Project surgery causes errors
I had Todoist open in my browser, Chrome 28 on Mac OS X 10.8.4. I was away from my desk, and used the iPhone app, 5.3.2 on iOS 6.1.3, to readjust my Project taxonomy. I renamed the one project that had existed, and created some new projects, at least one of which was indented. Later, sill on the iPhone app, I rejiggered the projects some more, renaming some of the new projects, creating some more new ones, and indenting some. I don't think I deleted any, but I might have. I also, of course, moved a bunch of tasks from one project to another.
When I came back to my browser it still showed the original project hierarchy, of a single project, with its original name. I tried refreshing the page, but nothing changed. I tried going to the Chrome plugin, since it has a resync button, but it refused to display anything other than an error message "Error encountered: project not found." Dismissing that dialog and pressing the resync button simply brought up the same error.
I was eventually able to fix things by logging out and logging back in again. I had to do this separately for both the web version and the plugin to get them both right.