Sometimes high processor load and blocking of Outlook 2010
sometimes it happens that my Outlook blocks. This means I get no notifications about appointments and new emails. When I look into the task manager I can see that it blocks a whole "core" for itself (25% at a Core i5-3360M - 4 logical cores). Today I tried to "kill" the ToDoist add-in by removing it from the list in Outlook and the problem is resolved mediately.
I hope you have something that you can point me to solve this issue.
Our plugin uses IE to connect to Todoist. If you have a lot of tasks one one view, it may indeed cause some performance issues especially if the version of IE on your computer is not up-to-date. Please make sure that you have the latest IE installed (IE 10 in most cases) and please tell me - how many tasks do you have (approximately)?
I have installed IE10 and it is closed. I only use Firefox (business browsing - 10 tabs) and Opera (private browsing - 10 tabs).
David was referring to how many tasks you have for Todoist, since having a lot of tasks can cause some performance issues.
Outlook plugin also uses Intenet Explorer to work, so please try clearing the cache for that and let me know if it helps.
Sorry there I misread something. ;-)
I have 12 tasks. I also tried to clear the caches but without success.
Maybe as additional information at home I have the same software setup (Win7 64bit, Office 2010 32bit) and it works without problems. The only difference is that at work it gets the mails via Exchange and not via POP/IMAP.
It's possible that your work setup is either using a proxy server, firewall, some software affecting networking. Please contact your system administrator to clarify this as this should certainly not happen with 12 tasks.
it toke some time to verify. The administrator told me that we have no proxy server, a firewall is there.
I can also say that the problems has something to do with "docking" of the notebook. After every meeting when I dock the notebook then the load begins. Maybe it has something to do with the switching from cable network to WIFI.
It is unfortunately possible that it's a local issue either with the network or with the hardware at your workplace if, as you've said, this issue doesn't persist at home when you log into the same Todoist account.
Nonetheless, we will check on our end if there are any performance issues when using the plugin with an Exchange server.