A few questions regarding the new search options
A few questions regarding the new search options:
1) Is there a way to search for tasks which do not have a date on them? For example show all tasks with an @home label where the due date is blank?
2) How do I search for tasks in my @home label and which either are due in 7 days OR are priority 1 (and have no due date). So I want to do something lke this:
(overdue, 7 days) & @home | @home & p1
But this produces no results.
My basic problem is this (and maybe you can suggest a whole different/better way to approach it)... I have a bunch of tasks in my @home label. Some tasks
have due dates and repeat weekly, and some tasks are one-off and have no due date. I want to be able to see everything I need to work on for the week
and exclude repeating tasks that have a due date 7 days away (that I already completed this week). Some of the tasks which have no due date have a p1 priority
and I want to see those, but some have a p4 priority and I don't want to see those.
If I search for simply "@home", it includes the tasks 7 days away (that I already completed this week).
3) Are there plans to add the ability to save our searches, and for us to be able to name our saved searches so I don't have to remember and type in the syntax each time?
4) Why is the "OR" syntax inconsistent for labels and time periods?
a) You use a pipe "|" to do an "OR" between two labels. For example:
"@work | @office" = Show all items that are labeled with @work or @office.
b) You use commas and parenthesis to "OR" between time periods. For example:
"(over due, 7 days) & priority 1" = Show priority 1 tasks that are over due or due in the next 7 days.
5) Whenever you do a search using a time period, you get the results back separated by day of the week, which takes up a lot of space with all the
headers for each day. Is there a way to just list the tasks closer together without the headers (formatted as if you had done a label search)?
I use the Chrome extension a lot, and the pop-up window is so small I am always scrolling down to see what I need.