IE Task Sorting Issue - Gave Up on Chrome
So I gave up trying to use Todoist with Chrome and switched to Internet Explorer. Why aren't my tasks sorted by priority? Tasks due today are just random, some grouped together by project, not all though. Wouldn't it make sense to sort them all by priority - otherwise why choose a priority if it's not going to be at the top of the list?
I wish this app would just work - I'm thinking of just going back to an Excel spreadsheet and kissing my $30 goodbye.
all tasks on the today/7 days list which don't have a specific due time should be sorted by priority unless they've been manually reordered at any time in which case they will maintain their manual order.
In this short video I've made during the attempt to change priorities and clicking the "7 days" link again to check if they auto-sort: http://screencast.com/t/sncLnlZnN Although it's been make in Firefox, I've also tried IE 8 and it works in the same way.
Please tell me:
- Which version of IE are you using?
- Have you reordered any prioritized tasks on the 7 days view?
- Are all the tasks you're referring to on the same indent level with no due times?
I haven't reordered any of the tasks in the 7 days view. The sorting is wrong in both the Today/Overdue view and Today/7 day view.
All are at the same indent level.
Everything was fine this morning, I went to lunch, came back and logged back in and the sorting is messed up.
I watched your video. Wish the sorting worked as easy in real life as it does in that video.
If I change something to Priority 3, it appears right in the middle of the priortiy 2's. I tried this will several tasks from different projects with the same result.
please tell me:
- Did you use Todoist through any other sources than the web-app between the time the tasks were ordered properly and when the order changed (such as - third-party mobile apps or our mobile site)?
- Does clearing the cache make any change (and the offline storage data, in case of Chrome)?
- If you reorder them manually using drag & drop, is the correct sorting order being maintained for any newly added task with a priority?
I have not used the mobile app yet today.
I did a complete delete in IE and it didn't solve the problem.
Yes, I resorted manually (which I didn't know I could do until now) and then added a new priority 4 task and it went to the proper place in the list, and the other task say in the right order.
...other tasks stayed in the right order that should be.
we're very sorry for the inconvenience, we will continue to try to reproduce this issue and hopefully fix it as soon as we can, but for now, it manual reordering does "solve" it, please try to reorder them if there aren't too many tasks affected by it.
If reordering won't help at all or you experience this issue even after changing the order manually, please do let us know.