Sort by date/priority from project view
I'm trying to sort by date or priority from the project's view and doesn't work, ...
please try to create a new project and add a couple of test-tasks with different due dates and priorities and let me know if it works within this new project.
If it does, try to re-create the project you're experiencing this issue in and move the tasks to this new project. Note - you can multi-select tasks by holding the CTRL key while clicking on the task names and then choosing "Move to project" from the menu at the top.
I've created a new project, and a couple of test-tasks with differents dates and priorities, and yes it is sorting by date and priority.
Then I move the tasks from the old project to the new one, and again doesn't sort properly.
What can I do ?
unfortunately, this is a rare issue that we can't reproduce. We suspect that it might be caused by a certain set of task properties that may trigger this bug.
We're very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to ask you if you could please try to move the tasks to a different project again, but not all at once, but either one by one, or - if they're too many - in small groups of 5-10 at once and try to sort them by date or priority in the new project each time you move another task (or task group) into it.
This could help us identify and fix the cause of this bug.
I am affected by this problem, I created a new project and moved all the tasks from the old project to the new project. I still can't sort.
please tell me - does this issue also happen in a newly created project and some new test task?
Also, please try to move only a couple of the tasks affected by this issue to a new project and try to sort them after you add each bundle. This would help us identify this issue if it's related to a certain task structure.
Ok, I found the task in question that was breaking sorting. It's in my "temp" project if you want to look into it.
thank you very much for this information. However, we take privacy very seriously and the access to the database containing our Customer's tasks and projects is very strict, limited to only very few people and only granted after clear permission given by the Customer to access it.
It would be much quicker if you would send the details about the task causing this issue to firstname.lastname@example.org incl. the complete task name and all its properties (priority, indent level, due date).