Do I need 2 Outlook Todoist accounts - one for work, one for home?
Am running Outlook 2007 under Win 7 at work. My OutlookTodoist projects do not show up, although the Todoist toolbar does (since the plug-in is activated). But the toolbar does not work.
Created my Todoist account using my home email to test Todoist before installing it at work. Run Outlook 2010 under Win 7 at home.
Am able to see all of my Todoist projects when I log into website using home email.
Do I need to have a separate Todoist for my work email to manage my Todoist projects under Outlook 7 there?
Please advise. Thanks.
you can use one Todoist account and access it through all our plugins if you log in with the same email address.
However, if you'd like to have a separate account just for use with the Todoist for Outlook plugin, then you'd have to sign up for another Todoist account with a different email address.
I created a Todoist account using my work email userid after using the Control Panel to delete the Outlook Todoist plug-in on my work PC.
I then created a project online in my Todoist work account, reloaded the plug-in on my work PC and opened Outlook 2007. Although Outlook 2007 showed that the Todoist plug-in was loaded and active, the Outlook Todoist toolbar did not work when I clicked it, and the project that I created online did not appear.
do you always log in to both the website and the Outlook plugin using the same account?
Please try to log out of both and then sign in using the same log in data. First through this website:
and then through this site:
The second link shows exactly what's displayed within the Outlook plugin as it always connects to this URL.
Also, each time after logging in, please reload the page using CTRL+F5.
Todoist just never opens inside Outlook 2007.
When Outlook 2007 opens, is there supposed to be a Todoist window with a login screen (like the one that appears after the plug-in has been installed--as is shown in the Todoist Outlook video)? Or should a Todoist window open that shows my Todoist projects, a window that somehow connects to the 2nd URL that you show above? I get no Todoist window at all.
Frankly, I am at a loss about what to do next. Should I just delete my Todoist accounts online and the Outlook plug-in before starting from scratch? I am willing to do that. But I need to know precisely (step-by-step) what I should do next?
you don't need to delete your Todoist accounts. The Outlook plugin should show up as a side-bar on the right side of the Outlook window and within this sidebar, you would see the "mini" site (second URL posted above).
Here's what you can to to solve this issue:
1. Go to the Add/Remove Programs section in your operating system's control panel and see if "OutlookTodoist" is listed as an installed program. If it is, skip to step #5.
2. If OutlookTodoist is not on the list, please install Microsoft .NET Framework 4:
3. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools:
4. Download and install the Outlook plugin http://todoist.com/outlook
5. After the Outlook plugin has been successfully installed, open Outlook and if you don't see it on the right side, please go to Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins (could be Tools -> Options -> "Other" tab, click "Advanced Options", depending on the Outlook version you're using).
6. In the "Add-ins" window, you'll see a drop-down menu at the bottom with "COM Add-ins" as the default choice. Click "Go" next to it or, if COM Add-ins isn't the default choice - choose it and then click "Go".
7. You should see a list of installed add-ins in a new window with check boxes next to them. Check the box next to the Todoist add-in and click OK.
At this point the add-in should be activated. From there on, you'll be able to access the Todoist Mini site through the Todoist for Outlook plugin window. It will always work online with Todoist, just as the website and whatever tasks or projects you create there will be visible on the website as well since both connect to the same database.
If you experience any further issues, please let me know.