+ Add Question

When email subject has bracket (e.g. [listserv] My message), the "Add Email" feature in Chrome plugin mis-parses

Not so much a question as a statement of fact. "[listserv] My message" will parse as "] My Message". Probably best to either strip the [..] or preserve it somehow (escapes?)

All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on Dec 17, 2011 - 00:24

Hello Andrew,

thank you for your report, I've been able to partially reproduce this issue. In my case, only the opening bracket has been removed so, when adding an email with the following subject:

[Tag] Subject

it has been changed to:

Tag] Subject.

Please go to Options -> Extensions in Chrome and tell me which version of the plugin are you using?

I will forward this issue to the developers. Sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.


Best regards,
David

Andrew Montalenti premium
Replied on Dec 17, 2011 - 04:18

Oh, actually you're right. An email with subject "[foo-dev]" gets chopped to "dev]" though :) I guess the "-" character is also somewhat special in this case.

My Todoist Plugin version is 1.80.

David Trey staff
Replied on Feb 17, 2012 - 03:17

Hello Andrew,

this issue should be fixed. Emails with brackets in the subject line will now be added correctly using the Todoist for Chrome plugin.

Again, thank you for reporting this bug and sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.


Best regards,
David

Andrew Montalenti premium
Replied on Feb 17, 2012 - 08:49

Thanks!

Andrew Montalenti premium
Replied on Feb 19, 2012 - 06:24

Looks like this actually isn't fixed. I just tried adding an email with subject: [about-joe] Joe L. update and instead it was added as "joe] Joe L. update".

David Trey staff
Replied on Feb 19, 2012 - 06:42

Andrew,

please clear your Chrome's cache and, if necessary, try to re-install the Todoist plugin. I've just tried to reproduce this with an email with the subject::

[about-joe] Joe L. update

and the link added in the task was:

(about-joe) Joe L. update

since we've had to change brackets to parenthesis in order to fix this issue. Please let me know if this issue will persist after clearing the cache.


Best regards,
David