many problems with the iPhone app
I was thrilled to be notified of the release of the iPhone app, because it meant I could start using my favorite to-do utility again. I even bought the Premium upgrade. Big mistake. The iPhone app does not live up to the todoist standards:
1. Complex filters (e.g. "today, p1") do not work. No items are shown. This is my primary view, so the app is unusable for me.
2. No simple filter entry box. Doing a basic search involves multiple taps to create a new filter.
3. "viewall" filter displays a long barely readable list of tasks, not the elegant view of projects as categories with tasks as subitems.
4. Tasks with dates entered as "12/7/2012" are inexplicably displayed with 3:59pm time. Task with dates entered as "today" etc. do not exhibit this problem.
I've seen other problems that I can't be bothered to think of right now. I love todoist for its simplicity, streamlined usability, and elegant presentation. The iPhone app doesn't even support my primary task view. Please fix it.
5. Setting priority via in-text "!p1" doesn't work.
We're sorry for the inconvenience, there are indeed some issues in the current version, but we're working on them and they will be addressed in future updates.
1. We're working on it, all filters should work once fixed.
2. We may consider adding it in the future. For now you can set up your most used filters and then simply tap on them. You're welcome to add your suggestion to our Votebox: http://todoist.com/Vote_iOS/
3. We will make the display consistent and sort tasks by project in this view as opposed to the current sort by due date.
4. We can't reproduce this issue, please make sure that you're using the exact same date format as you've mentioned without any typos. We've used this and a couple of other dates in this format and none had a time set to it.
5. You're welcome to add this suggestion to the Votebox. For now, you can pick the priority from the drop-down list when adding a task.
I added the suggestions to the Votebox. I hope they come through :)
I can't repro #4 now either, will let you know if I have a good repro case.