Time Zone & Notification issues
I'm a big, big fan of todoist, but this week after purchasing the premium, I've a host of issues that are scaring me..
I am using Samsung Android 4.1.2 and Todoist 1.0.5
I live in Taiwan which is 12~13 hours ahead of the US in relation to time zones... I set all settings for this region, but I still have the problem of tasks properly assigned to dates, but in 7 day view (other views as well... tasks are being shown as being on the wrong dates.
additionally I used the web interface to add my local mobile phone number (followed number entry instructions properly) so that I can receive reminder notices on my mobile... and test message fails.. (also tried the push message as well... that filed...
I like the app, paid the cash... please tell me how to make it work.. :-(
Regarding the incorrect display of dates in the 7 days view - please access Android's Settings -> Apps, clear Todoist's data and cache, then uninstall the app and reinstall it again from the PlayStore and let us know if the issue persists. If it does, we'll fix it in the next update.
Regarding SMS reminders - please edit your phone number and:
1. Make sure it's in this format: +48123456789, that is - a plus at the front, then your country code, then your number with no spaces or dashes.
2. Select "International" as your provider.
3. Pick one of the Canadian hosts in the "Number to send from" drop-down menu.
Now, please try to use the send a test option and if it won't work, repeat it with each of the 3 numbers to send from.
As for push notifications, please tell me:
- Is your device listed in the Settings -> Reminders window on the web-app?
- Is your phone online at the time the notification should arrive?
- Does reinstalling the app on Android, syncing it and adding 1 task through it help?