how to do a phone list
for newbies like me -
[you need the "premium" upgrade if you want to be able to dial out from your phone list but I've used this approach for a couple of years as a reference data base before upgrading to Premium]
1. start a new project "Contacts"
2. I add a task with an asterisk and space like this "* Smith, John 321-555-1212 home . email@example.com";
[note: the "asterisk and space"turns off the task checkbox]
3. I add another person by clicking on John Smith's "gear" icon that appears to the right of his name when I move the mouse over his name. I add people alphabetically by adding them as a task 'above' or 'below' as appropriate.
4. I have a separate section in the "Contacts" project below the 'People' for "Business and Organizations", so I enter them like this "* Todoist . Brendon . 321-555-12354 . work phone", for example. Again I keep entries alphabetical as I add more contacts.
4. now that I've upgraded to 'Premium' I also enter their phone number in "Notes" - now I can look them up - and - dial them from my android phone.
1 comment, asked by Trevor Hamon on Apr 25, 2013 - 15:06