Adding a new task is clunky
The steps to add a new task in the web app are currently as follows:
1) Click onto the relevant project.
2) Go to the bottom and click "Add Task" link at the bottom of the page.
3) Type in the task name.
4) If necessary... pick a label, add a due date, indent.
5) Click the red "Add Task" button.
6) At this point it opens a new task below, presumably so I can quickly add a list of tasks quickly. However I almost always want to add 1 task, so I have to click "Cancel".
7) Now I can click on the gear icon on the task I created and pick a priority.
I would propose a couple of things to make the process smoother:
Could step #5 be changed to have 2 buttons. One called "Save Task" (that just saves the task), and another called "Save task and add another" (which has the same functionality as the current red "Add Task" button). This would eliminate step 6 if I don't want to add another task. You would need to figure out which of the 2 buttons would be the default if I hit Enter on the keyboard (maybe an option in the settings?).
Can step #4 be changed to incorporate step #7. So I could pick a priority at the same time as picking a label, adding a due date, indenting. (The same goes for changing the priority on an existing task, it is odd that this is in a different place to where you set due dates and labels).
With these changes it would save 2 steps and make the process of adding a task less clunky :)
6 comments, asked by Nick Johnson-Hill on Jan 22, 2013 - 17:14