Myself and many others like to break down projects into minute sub-tasks in order to get things done, and oftentimes have the same projects repeatedly.
For example, when getting a blog post out for my work, it might look something like this:
Wellness in the Workplace Blog Post
- Follow up with Jane on initial draft
- Forward draft to John for revision
- Get approval from Jane on edits
- Get relevant image from a graphic designer
- Upload the post as a draft
- Scan post for additional errors
- SEO post
- Make public
- Share on social media
It would be great if we could store these sorts of task/sub-task templates which we could deploy at any given time.
Repeating tasks are simply inadequate for this purpose since many of these projects (e.g. blog posts) are done less regularly than truly recurring tasks.
11 comments, asked by Roberto Pedroso on Jul 25, 2011 - 08:51