Improved Outlook Plug-in
I run Outlook 2010, the home tab of which natively includes the option of a configurable so-called "to do" bar with options to include:
- a date navigator
- appointments (with separate options for all day events and private items); and
- a task list (this referring to tasks in outlook itself).
I find the date navigator and appointments summary components of this bar very useful but the task list obviously isn't since I no longer use Outlook for tasks, being a fully paid-up todoist user. However, if I try to show both the native and the todoist bars simultaneously they take up too much screen real estate, leaving little rooms for my actual emails.
I have tried undocking the todoist bar and re-sizing it to fit over the task list component of the native Outlook to do bar, but this potentially neat solution is flawed because your layout and font size together mean that I cannot see anything useful in what is by now a fairly small window.
I have no idea whether this is possible but is there any way you could either:
- find a way to replace just the task list component of the native Outlook bar with the todoist task window (preferred option); or
- add options to include a date navigator and appointments summary to the todoist bar, in which case I could do away with the native Outlook bar altogether (second best option); or
- failing that, include options to reduce the font size and/or have the layout of the undocked todoist bar somehow reconfigure itself to best fit whatever the user sets the size of the window to be.
Sorry for such a long explanation but hopefully this makes sense...
5 comments, asked by Patrick Angwin on Jan 04, 2013 - 11:30