Badge disappears or or shows incorrect # of tasks about 50% of the time.
I am using iOS 5. Quite often the badge disappears even though I have several tasks for the day. Advice?
Asked by Mark Nolan on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:16
Please tell me:
- What timezone are you currently in and is it the same timezone as set on your phone and in Todoist's Settings -> General?
- How exactly does this issue occur? You wake your phone out of sleep mode and then the badge disappear or updates itself with an incorrect number? Does it disappear after a certain time, after you make some changes to your tasks?
- Are you using our app by logging in through a Google Account or through a manual login (email/password combination)?
Mark Nolan on Jan 23, 2013 - 14:24
Yes, the time zones are the same (US/Central). The badge is gone every time I wake my iPhone out of sleep mode. If I open the app at this point and just look at it, then close it, the badge is still gone. However, it reappears when I'm in the app and make changes or sync. I am using a manual login. Thanks.
Mark Nolan on Jan 23, 2013 - 17:17
I am using only one account. I use Todoist on my home desktop PC, my laptop, my work desktop PC (all 3 with the downloaded "app") and my iPhone.
I am still having a similar problem like this where my badge disappears. With the new update on the iPhone, it is disappearing 90% of the time. It will come on the first time I open the app in the morning and then it disappears and doesn't come back even if I quit and start up again. Maybe 10% of the time it works.
Please delete the app completely and then install the new version and let us know if the issue persists and if it does, please tell me - are you online or offline when this happens? And if you're online, is this a corporate network that may block certain types of push notification data?
I have reinstalled several times and it does not work any better. I am online and there is no corporate network. When I use my own wifi, it does not matter at all. And if I am just on LTE, it is still broken. The badge just goes away after maybe a minute.
Please tell me - do you have the correct time zone set in Todoist as well as on the device you use it on? Also, do you have any tasks overdue? If you don't have overdue tasks then theoretically, if the badge would calculate the amount of tasks due for the incorrect day, this could happen.
Please make one task overdue (set it to "every day starting yesterday") and see if then, instead of the badge disappearing, it will show "1" as the task count.
Here are the results of your instructions. First, yes I have the correct timezone.
1) I set a task to overdue for July 23. It is in my inbox. It does not show up at all in my "Today" filter. Isn't it at least supposed to show up in the "Today" filter if it is overdue? If I set it to "every day starting yesterday" it does show up in my Today filter. This seems like a separate bug.
2) This overdue task of "every day starting yesterday" does set the badge to one (it works), but the July 23 does not affect the badge situation at all (separate bug). The badge still disappears in the 2nd scenario. If I delete either, the badge still has the same problem. Isn't the badge to supposed to show Today and overdue counts anyhow? Why would I even keep an overdue task on my list just to show a count?
Regarding the first issue, please tell me - when you've set the task to July 23 did you include the year, that is - July 23 2013? If not, then Todoist will always schedule the task to the next available July 23 which is in 2014.
As for the badge - of course you don't have to keep an overdue task to see the count, this was just to reproduce this issue or see if it works this way which can point us in the right direction while investigating it.
That said, now we know that the badge seems to look at an incorrect date and show you tasks 1 day behind. I have passed it to the developers and we'll look into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You are right about the July 23 not being 2013. So now I should a count of 2 on my badge, but both are these overdue items though I have 3 more items due today. Since you see this as a valid problem, thanks for passing this on to the developers. Glad I could help.