Why am I getting reminder alerts at a different time?
I have several items on my Todoist that have no due date, only reminders (mostly because they are recurring). For some reason, however, my iPhone will continue to receive push notifications/alerts for those items even after the time/date the reminder was initially set for. Can anyone help?
Asked by Sammy Rivera on Oct 13, 2013 - 13:52
- Were these reminders created on the iOS app?
- Have you changed timezones recently (traveled, daylight saves)
- You get the reminder more than once after the date or just once?
- What version of iOS are you running?
- Are you running the latest version of our app?
- All reminders were created from my desktop, not my phone.
- While I travel quite a bit and change timezones frequently, every time Todoist asks me if I would like to update the timezone I select "No."
- I have been getting these reminders several times after the date, the same way one normally would when the item/event has a due date and it keeps alerting you until it has been marked "Completed" – except these items do not have a due date, only reminders.
- I am on iOS 7.0.2.
- I believe I am using the latest version of the app, as iTunes is not showing any available updates at this time. It says "Version 7.0.2 (11121)."
Hope this helps.
Unfortunately I believe the issue is caused by you selecting no when asked to change timezones. This is very important for Todoist to know the correct dates and times. Once this is done those tasks can become broken and aren't exactly fixable.
I would suggest removing those tasks and re-creating them. And please from now on select Yes when asked to change Timezones. If you find this drastic, you can try clearing the cache for your browser, and signing out of the iOS app, then back in again. Though I do not believe this will help since I do believe its related to the timezone.
Also, now that you have been choosing no, make sure your desktop, iOS and Todoist Settings are all on the same timezone.