Just a few suggestions / queries.
1. Are there plans to add expand / collapse functionality to the iOS app?
2. Is it necessary / always desirable to have sub tasks indented in the today or 7 days screen? In that context I think I'd prefer them not to be indented.
3. On the tabs for Projects, Labels and Filters, the red / orange line sits to the left of the tab when Labels or Filters is selected, but to the right when Projects is selected. Should it be to the left for all three?
Probably starting to get a bit picky, but todoist seems very close to being perfect.
Asked by Iain MacDonald on Apr 22, 2013 - 05:47
1. Would definitely be a good feature.
2. Is probably just a personal preference of mine. But if sub tasks are listed outwith the context of their patent tasks, then the u dentation seems surplus to requirements in the today or 7 day list. Maybe have a preference to indent or not indent sub tasks in today or 7 day view.
Plus, from a usability POV, you can just about make out what asks are from the little preview in the right hand side before you select a list to look at. Indenting them reduces that.
3. Is just me being picky. I've emailed you a screenshot - there might be a design reason for that that I haven't realised though.
Thank you for the screenshot. The line indicates that this tab is "higher" than the others and to achieve such effect, we would have to give at least the third (filters) tab the line on the left side since on the right side is the border to the task list. Therefore, considering that the "Projects" tab in a "main one", they're divided into two "groups":
- labels and filters
that's why the second group is "on the right" and allows us to achieve the tab effect with a line on the left.
Nonetheless, we'll soon publish a brand new app for iOS with an improved design, better performance etc. and we'll see how we can make this part more consistent.
Thanks David, although I'm not sure I entirely get that, as it looks like three groups, Projects, Labels and Filters rather than just Projects and Labels & Filters.
Look forward to any update, but hopefully nothing too drastic as the current design looks great. I know it's not easy to present something that is actually quite straightforward, but for it to look so good.
Will the next update be when you release the iPad version?