Windows desktop client
I have a few problems with the desktop client for Windows:
1) The shortcut (slash key) for filter does not work (it does not make the input field active)
2) If I am in the client, the shortcut for 'Quick add task' causes it to freeze and nothing happends until i click somewhere in the window (but when i use the shortcut in Windows, it works fine)
3) In the previous versions, the whole content was centered horizontally, but now it is on the left side - this looks very bad when the window is maximized, because the content uses only about 60% of the space on the left side and the rest is just white nothing
4) It sometimes does not handles characters with diacritics (like ěščřžýáíé) very well. The web client handles them ok, but the desktop version (only sometimes - I did not noticed any pattern) displays some garbage instead of the characters
I am using client version 22.214.171.124 on Win7 64b
Asked by Petr Nagy on Jul 27, 2013 - 03:16
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce most of the issues you've mentioned. Hitting the / key, even when you don't have the project list rolled out brings focus to the search box, Ctrl+Q doesn't freeze the app and the characters with diacritics are displayed correctly, at least for newly added tasks.
I can confirm that the content is aligned to the left if you make the window large enough.
As for issues 1, 2 and 4, please try to completely delete the app (make sure that it's off before you do, that is - there's no TD icon in the notifications area) and then reinstall it from this location: https://d2dq6e731uoz0t.cloudfront.net/5023a6d6c92501bdfb0e00969703a767/as/Todoist_for_Windows.exe and let me know if the issues persist.
thanks for the reply.
1) Reinstalling the app helped for this point, the slash now works
2) The problem appeared when the shortcut was set to alt+a. I changed it to win+a now and it works fine
4) This was not fixed. The desktop client just randomly shows ￭� instead of the diacritics characters.
Regarding diacritics, please tell me - if you say it shows these incorrect characters randomly, you mean that you can see the correct diacritics sometimes? If so - is it possible that these displayed incorrectly are older tasks and new tasks don't have this issue?
yes, they are sometimes displayed correctly.
I noticed today, then even the @labels were displayed incorrectly, however only for a short time.
As I wrote early, I did not find any pattern for this behavior. It seems to be completely random, older or new tasks - doesnt matter.
Even when I rewrite the task title manually, it sometimes get messed up again after some time.
The web client its always ok.
I've been able to reproduce this behavior once now and indeed, some letters were replaced with strange characters, but clicking on the sync icon in the bottom-right corner (the circular arrow) has fixed all of them at once.
Please try to use it to resync the app and see if it fixes this problem for you too.
I can confirm that the sync arrow works, but only if you add a task to the project you're in via web and then sync the Windows app. This will "fix" it until you open the Windows app again.
I have passed this to the developers and we'll look into it and fix it in next updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.
For now, as a workaround, instead of the Windows app, you could use the browser plugin and "snap it out" of its fixed position. For example, when you open the Chrome plugin and use the icon in the bottom-right corner (next to the sync icon), it will open up in a different mini window. It won't have the global shortcuts as our Windows app, but could be a temporary alternative.