I can't log in Todoist with Chrome
But I can log in Todoist with Firefox. Both browsers are latest. Really strange.
I could log in Todoist and use it with Chrome yesterday.
Asked by box on Sep 27, 2011 - 16:05
Dan Rozelle on Sep 28, 2011 - 05:09
same thing happened to me, cleared browsing data and cookies, restarted browser, worked fine.
Carole Mah on Sep 28, 2011 - 10:20
Same thing happened to me in Firefox, cleared browsing data and cookies, restarted, but I cannot log in. It looks like I log in for a second, and then it goes away and returns to the index page automatically. Last time I had this problem, it was because of the HTTPSEverywhere Add-on, so before I even started trying to load the page, I had already disabled the Add-on and had restarted Firefox, to no avail. It is still broken.
Pelle Lauritsen on Sep 28, 2011 - 12:15
I gave up and installed the Chrome plug-in. Its the second time /app has done it. There appears to some kind of bug in the /app, so when it somehow times out, the /app cannot reinitialize without being removed.
Please go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network (tab) and if you see todoist.com on the list of websites storing offline data, remove it and when Todoist asks you for permission to store offline data next time, choose "Never for this site".
Also, have you cleared your browser cache (along with your browsing history and cookies) or installed any new ad- or script- blocking plugins?
Please clarify what issue are you experiencing?
Also, please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Does the issue also occur in a different browser?
- Are you getting any error messages?
Pelle Lauritsen on Sep 28, 2011 - 12:43
@David, what Im saying, is that even though I have cleared my cache, Chrome still fetches the *.jgz files from the cache.
So either there is a bug in chrome, or in your /app. This happens every once in a while, when I have had todoist open for several days/weeks. (I have it in a tab I usually never close).
Pelle Lauritsen on Sep 28, 2011 - 13:12
hmmm, got it working again in some obscure way.
1) while on http://todoist.com/app I pressed F12 -> Network, then I pressed F5 to do a refress.
2) I left clicked on any item and pressed "Clear browser cache"
3) Then I did wait for a while, dont know if it matters.
4) Still in the Network view, I left clicked on the /app and selected "Open in a new tab". Then it worked. Maybe I did the same for the *.jgz files, before trying to open the /app, I did play around a bit.