Outlook plugin did not work
even after reinstallation of the plugin it is not working. It is just showing:
The website declined to show this webpage
Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.
Asked by Jiri Peroutik on Jun 19, 2013 - 01:05
Please note that our Outlook plugin is a frame using Internet Explorer to connect to Todoist. That said, please tell me:
- Are you online when you open Outlook?
- Do you have the latest version of IE installed on your computer?
- Are you behind a proxy or a firewall?
yes I'm online when starting Outlook
I'm using IE 9.0.8112.16421
There are some proxies for sure as logging from corporate network.
Anyway - I'm using google chrome for web access to TODOIST without problems.
I also started MSIE and accessed TODOIST web interface (I used my google account).
So now when I open MSIE and type the todoist.com I'm logged in automatically.
But in outlook still the same behaviour.
Please install IE 10 (if you're on Windows 7 or Windows 8) and also try to contact the system administrator at work to make sure that they haven't disabled the connection of our plugin (or in general - plugins that connect to the internet) on their end.
well - 1) I'm not able to install MSIE10 now as many corporate application running in MSIE so I have to wait for global rollout. Anyway I tested this also from home network (so without FW etc) and worked fine. Also I have to say that it worked before.
It seems to me that there is a password set wrong somewhere in some cache but even after uninstalling and cleaning MSIE caches it still doesn't work. Is there any other place I can try to clean?
From standalone MSIE or Chrome it works fine, only the outlook plugin is not working.
Please give this un-released version a try. It could solve this issue for you.
thanks for help. Unfortunatelly it did not help - with the un-released version installed Outlook doesn't even start - crashing all the time.
After removal Outlook starts well, after installation of official version it also starts well but still the same issue there.
It's still the same. I cleared caches and cookies in both MSIE and Chrome, in both I changed the way of logging to todoist web from google account to todoist account.
Still not working.
in MSIE and Chrome the todoist web is opening and logging in correctly automatically. Outlook plugin still gives HTTP 403
Sorry for the troubles.
Please un-install that version, clear the cache for IE again, and install this updated un-released version.
We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is any particular information the Outlook returns during the crash. If you check the details of the error message it should show at the top what file has caused the crash. This information would be very helpful for us to investigate this issue.
well strange. I just today based on your last message installed the un-released version (I downloaded it again) and it did not crash this time and after startup it asked me for login information. When provided the plugin finally starts to work!
Let's see how it will look next days, I will inform latest on Friday if everything is OK.
Thanks and have a nice day!