Two questions: 1. Is there a way to add a default date for my tasks? 2. Is there a way to add multiple tasks at one time that have the same date and project?
Asked by Missy Ryan on Apr 27, 2013 - 07:28
Unfortunately, it's not possible to have a default due date for each newly added task.
Regarding your second question - that's actually possible. Please follow these steps to achieve this:
1. Enter a project to which you want to add multiple tasks.
2. Click on "Add task" at the bottom of the task list in this project.
3. This way, you can type in a task name, hit Enter and have another new input field added below. You can quickly add multiple tasks this way just by using Enter as a confirmation to save the task.
4. Once you've added them, press and hold the CTRL key and left-click on each task to multi-select them.
5. When you've selected all the newly added tasks, use the "Change date" option at the top of the screen and the date you'll enter will apply to all selected tasks.
Please clarify - are you referring to the option to add emails as tasks? If so, that's unfortunately, not possible on the iOS app right now, but we will consider adding such option in the future.
You can use the "Email tasks to this project" feature, though which would allow you to forward your mails to Todoist projects. Both options are described in detail on our blog: http://todoist.com/blog/2013/01/zero-inbox-policy-with-todoist/
in another posting David Trey from the Doist team hinted that they are going in a certain direction with the inbox and Todoist in general.
I do not know what that direction is, but I assume that the inbox should be seen as a sort of "temporary storage" for tasks, only: you can dump stuff in there quickly to get them out of your head, but you should than make it a habit to frequently "clean" the inbox: add due dates, labels and reminders to tasks and move them into the right project.
This would make default dates a mute point, so I suspect that its not going to happen ...
Although I can't specify what exact changes will arrive at Todoist, regardless of the inbox being the default for quick task adding (especially on mobile), something to help you schedule your tasks more quickly and efficiently will also be implemented :)