New tasks set to today
I have a little mysterious bug.
If I add a new task and set no date it's all ok. Some minutes or hours later it's set to the data "today" (not all tasks, but some). Then I have to remove the date again. I don't know why and when exactly this happens.
Asked by Felix Griewald on Apr 23, 2013 - 02:15
Please tell me:
- Does this happen when you add the task through the web-app, one of our plugins, add-ons or mobile apps?
- Is the due date field completely empty or do you type "no date" into it?
- Do you at any time right-click on this task and choose "Do it today" from the context menu?
Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue. Please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce it in another browser (if so - which one)?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through https://todoist.com or do you ave a bookmark containing any other data in the URL (an old version number, for example)?
- Are you using Todoist in English or in German?
- I am using Google Chrome 26 and the most time I am using the web app of Todoist out of the Chrome webstore. This redirects me to the following link: https://todoist.com/app?lang=de&v=104
- I didn't test it in other browsers yet.
- I am using Todoist in German
Please confirm, do you have Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m? Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. Please try to clear Todoist's data in Chrome's Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site date.
If the issue persist, please try to remember when exactly doe it happen? Is there anything specific that you do on Todoist that you can point out as the moment that the task receives a due date?
the problem still exists.
I noticed, it happens if I set notes to tasks.
I have a task which I created on 1st of May 2013.
If I add new notes later (for example on 2nd of June), it will change the due date of the task to the 1st of May 2013. But this doesn't happen immediately, it happens some minutes (maybe some refreshes) later.
This thread reminded of a similar situation I noticed during the last update to v127; thinking back I believe it happened during the update to v126 as well.
If memory serves, the last Task I created for the day without a Due Date *before* the next version was released became overdue because that Task carried the Due Date of the creation date, once I refreshed my browser and the new version 'took over' (in other words, refreshed from v126 to v127 or from v125 to v126).
Strange? You bet! But that's my recollection. Just thought it might help in your troubleshooting ...
This happened again with the release of version 131.
Yesterday I created several Tasks without Due Dates using the web app (using Chrome on Win XP Pro).
This morning, when I refreshed my browser (using just the F5 function key), two of the Tasks created yesterday appeared as Overdue, both with a Due Date of yesterday.
Just wanted to confirm my earlier suspicion..
Contact me questions ... :)