Paypal error when trying to go premium
For the past two days, every time I attempt to go premium I get the following error on Paypal after logging in: "Sorry — your last action could not be completed".
I want to give you guys my money but Paypal isn't having any of it ;-)
Asked by Unknown on Sep 01, 2011 - 07:20
I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with PayPal. There are different reasons for this message to appear, some of which are:
- using an expired credit card,
- using a credit card with a P.O. Box associated with it,
- opening PayPal in a frame,
- some browser issues.
If none of the credit card associated issues apply, please try to use a different browser and try to disable ad- or script-blocking plugins (if you're using any).
Unknown on Sep 02, 2011 - 03:40
- I'm not using a credit card for Paypal transactions, there isn't one on file
- I'm opening Paypal by clicking the Upgrade Now link on todoist
- I've tried Chrome Stable as well as Safari on Max OSX Lion
- I can log in to Paypal by going directly to paypal.com without issue
- I can log in to Paypal by clicking "pay with Paypal" links from other websites without issue
- I never reach a payment confirmation screen, after entering my username and password, then entering the code from my Paypal security key I receive the error: "Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes. If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity. If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."
- I'll reiterate, I can use Paypal successfully with other sites
This could be a Paypal bug, perhaps it has something to do with how todoist integrates with Paypal or the fact that the dollar amount for the premium subscription is initially $0.
you can now subscribe to a Premium membership without a credit card. To do so, please go to Preferences -> Todoist Premium and at the bottom of the page, you'll see this text:
"I don't have a credit card, can I still upgrade to premium?
Yes, click here to buy a yearly premium account without subscription. With this PayPal won't require a credit card."
Click on the "click here" link and you'll be able to use a regular payment instead of a subscription.
Robin Woodhouse on Oct 08, 2011 - 23:33
This last option isn't working for me. I get this error: "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" Please advise. I want to give Todoist a serious chance, but this is not a good start.
Thank you Robin
please tell me:
- Do you have a verified PayPal account?
- Do you have sufficient funds uploaded to your PayPal account to cover the annual Premium membership fee?
- At which point are you getting this error message?
- Do you have any ad- or script-blocking plugins installed?
- Does this issue persist in a different browser?
Robin Woodhouse on Oct 09, 2011 - 00:46
Answers as follows:
2, No -but I want to use my primary debit card - which is logged with PayPal
3, As soon as I press log-in on the initial PP page after clicking the red upgrade button in Todoist app
PS Is there no way I can just pay you online, without Paypal?
Many thanks, Robin
please clarify - which option are you trying to use? The subscription payment via credit/debit card available by clicking the yellow "Upgrade now" button (in Preferences -> Todoist Premium) or the last option I've mentioned previously - as a one-time payment via uploaded funds without a credit card by clicking the link in the "I don't have a credit card, can I still upgrade to premium?" question at the bottom of the Todoist Premium page?
Unfortunately, all payments are processed through PayPal. If PayPal doesn't accept your debit card for a subscription payment, please try to send the funds (via this card) to PayPal first and then choose the second option (one-time payment) to pay using the uploaded funds.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sally Rachel lewis on Oct 24, 2011 - 06:29
Having the exact same problem.
please tell me:
- Are you using the credit card payment (clicking the "Upgrade now" button"?
- Are you using the one-time payment (from the link in the "I don't have a credit card question")?
- Have you tried both methods?
- Does this issue also occur in a different browser?