Hi, new to Todoist as of today, please forgive if these are answered elsewhere. Trialing Outlook addon to see if I want to use this as Premium in both Outlook and on my phone..
1. Does not seem to integrate with tasks in Outlook; I assumed tasks currently in Outlook would be viewable in Todoist. Am I missing something? Doesn't seem like a good use of time to manually transpose all my tasks, projects, and current 'do dates' and 'due dates'.
1b. I also see that tasks added in Todoist do not show up in Outlook's calendar. These modules don't talk to each other? Or am I missing a setting.
2. When editing task names, the delete and backspace buttons sometimes don't work. If I want to delete something, I have to highlight it and press space to clear. Very slow and frustrating.
3. Cannot figure out how to re-order the display of tasks. Example, I first list tasks in a project as I think of them, then wish to re-order in proper sequence of actions to take. Dragging does not work.
Asked by Joshua Kaye on Feb 19, 2013 - 17:07
1. Our app indeed doesn't interact with your Outlook Tasks. It's a stand-alone application that can be used as a better alternative to Outlook's own Tasks feature.
1b. It is possible to synchronize your Todoist's tasks with any calendar software that supports the iCal feed standard incl. Outlook, but this is a Premium feature. You can see how it works in this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGubOy8GuE
2. We're sorry for this inconvenience, this is actually a bug that's being fixed right now and it will no longer be present in the next update of our plugin.
3. When you hover over a task's name, you should see a small "handle" icon on the left side of the task you're hovering over. You can "grab" the task by this handle and then drag & drop it within the project as you wish. We've shown how it works in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhumUr8kY6I
Furthermore, there are many other options to make sure your tasks are always shown in a certain order:
- You can add due times to them, such as "today at 1pm" or "every day at 13:45" and this way, when you go to the "7 days" overview, they will be sorted automatically by the due time.
- You can set priorities to tasks and on the "7 days" view tasks that don't have a due time will be grouped by priority.
Joshua Kaye on Feb 19, 2013 - 23:32
Thank you very much for swift and helpful answers.
I notice that the handle for drag and drop only appears for tasks shown under a specific day - for example, Friday - but not when showing projects as a whole. Is that correct and working as intended?
Also, is it possible to save a default string for 'Show Projects'? So that one doesn't have to re-enter a search string every time one opens the program to see tasks displayed the way one wishes.
That's not correct. The handle is visible within any project (when you click "Show projects" and select a project). In fact, we recommend to reorder tasks from within projects rather than on the date views.
Yes, you can create a different default view. To do so, log into the web-app at http://todoist.com click on the gear icon in the top-right corner, go to Settings -> General and here, you can modify the "Start page" by choosing any project to be shown by default, or some preselected queries or the "Custom query" option which will allow you to define a different view.
Joshua Kaye on Feb 20, 2013 - 08:01
Thank you very much. I see that when I select a specific project to display, the handle appears. However, when I select 'all' projects to display, handles do not appear.