Sub Tasks in Thunderbird Plugin not workin
I tried to add a subtask by using the thunderbird plugin. For a short time, there were the two arrows to move a task on the next level. But now i cannot see these arrows anymore.
Also when i create a subtask on the todois website, it is not shown correct in the plugin. The subtaks is listet in the task list on level 2 but as a "standalone" Task without the parent root task. The root task has the indicator, that there are subtasks, but now subtasks are shown there if you click it.
Asked by Sascha C. on Jan 10, 2013 - 05:44
Please make sure that you're always in the project view. The Thunderbird plugin shows the "today, overdue" view by default and there, all sub-tasks are shown as stand-alone tasks as long as they meet the search criteria (are overdue or due today). If a task due today is a parent task, it will also have an arrow to expand its sub-tasks as a reference. Also, in this view, there are no indent arrows as tasks listed there aren't in their original task/sub-task structure, they're just shown if they're due today.
I couldn't reproduce the issue you've described. Here are the steps I've taken, please try to follow them and let me know at which point you experience an issue:
1. Go to the web-app.
2. Enter a project.
3. Click on "Add task" at the bottom of the list.
4. Save the task, when the next input box opens, hit Ctrl+RightArrow to indent it and save the new sub-task.
5. Go to the Thunderbird plugin.
6. Right-click on its top bar and choose "Reload" to make sure the changes have been applied.
7. Click on "Show projects" at the top and choose the same project.
At this point, I see the correct task structure as it was entered in the web-app.