Reminders not working as expected
When adding a reminder a clock icon appears in the web/iphone view but not the Outlook pane.
Once a reminder has been added there appears to be no way to delete/edit a reminder - clicking on the reminder option says 'no reminders set' even though a clock icon appears.
Please clarify whether this is by design or infact a bug?
Asked by Dave Nunn on Nov 26, 2012 - 00:16
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. Please note that it may be necessary to reload the view in the Outlook plugin. To do so, right click on the gray area at the top (next to "Show project") and choose "Refresh" from the context menu.
If this won't help, please follow the steps below and let me know at which point exactly does the issue occur:
1. Go to todoist.com and create a new test-project.
2. In this project add 2 tasks with the following names:
- Test1 <remind tod at 6pm>
Do not add any due dates to the first task and add the due date "tod at 7pm" to the second task. You should see clock icons next to both tasks.
3. Reload the view in Outlook (as mentioned above).
4. Enter the project in Outlook and let me know if you see both clock icons.
5. Right click on each task and choose "Remind" and let me know if the reminder is listed at the bottom of the list.
6. Repeat point 5 in the web-app and also let me know if you can see the reminder there.
Furthermore, please tell me:
- Which web-browser are you using?
- Do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer (the Outlook plugin always uses IE to connect)?
- What reminder method is set as default on your account (in Settings -> Reminders)?
Completed 1 - 6 without issue.
BUT on deleting the reminder on Web, the icon still appears in Outlook. (despite refresh and reminder not being listed)
Then adding a new reminder in Outlook, the reminder appears with icon (in outlook) but no icon appears on web (despite reminder showing)
Using Chrome browser (latest)
IE9 installed for Outlook
Reminder method is set to mobile push (though this does not appear in the list of options when setting manually)
I assume reminders don't work in the iOS version yet>?