Recurring tasks change to static tasks after 1 day, is this right?
I have any issue where I create a recurring task - for example, in the date field I put in every day.
Then if I tick the task as complete for that particular day, it moves it to tomorrow as expected, but when I go and check the date for tomorrows task, it just has the actual date in, then if I mark that as complete it no longer re-appears.
Is this right?
Asked by david silvester on Oct 08, 2012 - 02:40
that's not what should happen, the "every day" task should recur infinitely. Please tell me:
- Do you see the small circular arrows next to the date (suggesting that the task is recurring)?
- At which point do they disappear (upon first completion of the task, upon completion of an overdue task, etc.)?
- From which view are you completing this task? Do you use the web-app for that or a third-party mobile app (or our mobile site http://todoist.com/m )?
- Can you add a test task due "every day" and try to complete it a couple of times and let me know if you can reproduce this issue this way or if it will correctly change it's date by 1 day after each completion?
I have certain tasks that I want to show up daily. I had them entered originally without a recurrance. When I edited them to show up every day, it worked that same day, but the next day when I opened up my todo list, all of the recurring items showed as yesterday. So I have to go in and change the date every day. its very frustrating.
please clarify - do you check the tasks off every day (using the box on the left side to a task)? Every recurring tasks must be checked off upon completion so that the date will move forward otherwise, even if it's a recurring tasks, it will be treated as overdue if you don't check it off on a certain day.
I am having a similar problem. I have multiple recurring tasks and some of them become static after being checked off. This morning it was approximately 5 of them. The date advances as it should, but the task is no longer set as recurring.
I am using the Thunderbird add-on, the web interface, and the android application to access my tasks and it does not seem to matter which I create or check off the task in.
Not sure if it matters or not, but so you have as much information as possible, I am running Ubuntu 12.10 with Firefox and Thunderbird on the desktop. It does seem that the recurrence problem takes place after accessing my tasks through Android.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue so far. Please try to add a new test-task through the Android app with an "every day" due date and let me know if the issue will persist tomorrow once it will be overdue and you check it off (or before you check it off).