Microsoft Outlook Plugin is not working on my Outlook page
It was working, but now it is not. The space for Todoist is thereon my Outlook page, but the program itself is no longer there. I tried some of your remedies I read about in a previous answer, i.e., changing the security and private settings, but still get nothing. One of the main reasons I bought the premium program is because I can see my tasks when using Outlook. Now I cannot. What can I do to get this to work again?
Asked by Jennifer Glidden on Sep 19, 2012 - 09:57
please clarify - you see the Todoist pane on the right, but there's nothing inside it (blank page) or is there no pane at all?
If there's no pane, please go to Outlook's Add-Ins settings (in Outlook 2010, it's in the Trust Center in Outlook 2007), then click on "Go" next to the "COM Add-Ins" drop-down menu and then check the box next to "OutlookTodoist".
If you see the pane, but there's nothing inside, please clear Internet Explorer's cache and allow third-party cookies in IE (it's in Internet Options -> Privacy -> Advanced - set both to "Allow").
If none of this helps, please tell me:
- Which version of Outlook are you using?
- Which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your system?
- Which operating system you're using?
- Did you install any new plugins to Outlook and/or IE?
Jennifer Glidden on Sep 20, 2012 - 05:41
I'm actually using Mozilla Firefox. The options shows it does allow cookies. Plus, I added todoist.com to my exceptions list of websites for allowance. What is happening? This was working. Now it's not. If I continue to get problems, I will probably not renew for another year.
please clarify - are you experiencing issues with Todoist for Outlook, the plugin installed within Outlook from this page: http://todoist.com/outlook ?
If so - this plugin always uses Internet Explorer to connect regardless of which browser you're usually using and which is set as the default browser on your system, therefore, it would be very helpful if you could answer the questions listed above so we could try to reproduce this issue and find its source.
Jennifer Glidden on Sep 21, 2012 - 04:43
Today, I get the log-in page on the same screen with my 2007 Outlook, type in my e-mail and password, and click "log-in." Then nothing happens on the page that is on the same screen with my 2007 Outlook. Nothing in the way of tasks or projects shows up on that same page. Yet I know I'm logged in because I'm able to access this support section. This is crazy and makes no sense. My computer parameters are:
IE8, Outlook 2007, Windows XP, no other plugins.
David Trey on Sep 21, 2012 - 06:07
please open Internet Explorer, go to its Internet Options and then:
- on the "General" tab, click "Delete" in the "Browser history" section,
- on the "Security" tab, make sure that the bar is set to medium-high and if you've added todoist.com on the list of trusted sites, do not check the box at the bottom saying: "Require server verification...",
- on the "Privacy" tab, click on "Advanced", check the "Override automatic cookie handling" box, then choose "Allow" for both first- and third-party cookies,
- on the "Content" tab, click on the "Clear SSL state".
Jennifer Glidden on Sep 24, 2012 - 06:21
I have done all you indicated above, and especially made sure that todist.com is on the list of trusted sites and sites to which to allow access. After clicking on the todoist plug-in from my view folder in Outlook 2007, I get the window that asks for an e-mail and password. After entering that information and clicking "log-in" still, nothing happens. My default browser is now Firefox, but I made all the changes you list above on my IE8 browser. I do know that when it was working previously, I was working out of IE8. I never had it working in Firefox. Please help.
the Outlook plugin ignores which browser is set as your default browser and always connects through Internet Explorer, therefore any changes made in Firefox will never affect its behavior.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't know what can cause this issue at this point. We've had similar reports, but so far changing IE's setting as described earlier always solved this issue (along with clearing IE's cache).
The last options you could try is to:
- Hit "Enter" instead of pressing the login button after typing your email/password.
- Try to log into the Todoist web-app directly through Internet Explorer and then without logging out or closing IE, reload Outlook and try to access the plugin.
- Try to move the Todoist plugin window (in Outlook) out of its fixed position on the right side (grab & drag it by the gray top bar) and then try to log in again.
- Right click within the Todoist plugin, choose properties and send us a screenshot of the small window showing the properties of this page (you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Also, please tell me - did you make any changes in either IE, your system or Outlook when this issue started to occur? Did you install any other plugins to Outlook/IE?
Jennifer Glidden on Sep 24, 2012 - 08:59
I'm not sure what happened, but I followed your suggestion above that says to hit return after entering my e-mail and password (instead of clicking on the "log-in" button) and now my tasks appear. Does this make sense to you? It seems like such an easy fix, although I recall having done that last Friday. Not sure why it worked today.
Also, after having to reboot, will I be facing this same situation again -- of not being able to see my tasks on the Outlook screen?
I'm not sure what may cause such issue, but if it will indeed work permanently, then please try to use Enter to confirm your email/password each time you log into Todoist through the plugin. We will try to reproduce this issue, though and hopefully fix it in the future.
My Todoist for Outlook started having problems since the latest update, has gone downhill quickly, and now isn't working at all. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps, including a complete removal and re-installation. Now, when I try to log in (I always use the "use my Google Account" option) it tries to open a page in Chrome closes down the window and I never get logged in.
We are aware of this issue and are looking into it right now.
As a workaround, you could try to install an earlier version of our plugin which shouldn't have this problem. You can get it from this location:
The particular version of the plug in referenced here works really well. The only problem is that it keeps trying to upgrade to the faulty version. I thought maybe you all had fixed it so I mistakenly installed it again. I suppose you all will let us know when you have a new version that works.
Jean-Gabriel Thibault on Jul 12, 2013 - 08:00
Just a comment for those who have the same issue as Jennifer.
Two things works for me :
1. Downgrade the version of todoist (2.1.0 i think).
2. Logging into your todoist account on IE (don't close it). Open (or restart) Outlook and it might work (you can close IE).