I am unable to add tasks in either the mac app or the website
The background cycles through the to list and the 'home' page but no task and the task box doesn't disappear
Asked by Lisa Grice on Sep 10, 2012 - 08:04
there's been an issue with our domain host (GoDaddy) which made millions of website inaccessible ( http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/ ) incl. Todoist and it's possible that you might have experienced this issue because of this problem.
Can you access Todoist right now? If not or if you're still experiencing these issues, please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce this issue in at least 1 different browser?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through https://todoist.com or a bookmark pointing to a different address?
- Are you using any browser plugins, especially ad-, scrip-blocking or network-managing plugins?
I can access todoist - and always could. I'm aware of the godaddy issue, but it still recurs today - todoist is very annoying and unusable right now.
I'm using both the mac APP and trying in the chrome browser and getting the same results in both.
I have not changed installed or updated anything in the last 24 hours, and the problem persists.
I have MAC OSX Lion
When I try to add something - it cycles through the screen saying 'Priority 1' on top and 'Recommended' (I call it the home page) on top - but the task does not 'complete' or disappear as normal, and i am not delivered to the project screen or the today screen like I have normally been. The task does create, however.
Also when clicking on 'today' to see todays tasks it does the weird cycle thing too. This has just started happening yesterday.
the "answered" labels doesn't suggest that the issue's been solved, only that a staff member has posted an answer to this question.
As for the issue itself, please try to the following:
- use Chrome and log out from Todoist through this browser,
- go to Chrome's Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data,
- find todoist.com on this list and delete it,
- reload the browser (but before you do, if you have Todoist pinned on a tab, unpin it so that it won't load on startup),
- go directly to https://todoist.com, make sure that Chrome will not suggest you a different URL with different parameters in it, just todoist.com
- enter any project, then scroll to the bottom and use the "Add task" link to add a task called "test" with no due date, labels or priorities.
Let me know if this triggers this issue.
Also, there is a bug that we're working on right now which affects using the Quick Add option and the MM/DD date format that causes the page to change to a priority view in the background and the Quick Add popup to remain opened. Please confirm if this is the issue you're experiencing or if you've been able to reproduce it using the steps above as well.
Add task via the project does not trigger the issue - only the 'Quick Add' option (if that is the plus at the top) and only when selecting a date. Using quick add without selecting a date doesn't trigger the issue. This happens both in the chrome version and the mac app.
yes, the issue you're experiencing is certainly caused by the "Quick Add" bug. We're sorry for any inconvenience it has caused you, we're working on a fix right now and will inform you once it's released.
For now, as a workaround, you could try to add tasks from a project using the "Add task" link at the bottom.