Several Issues Since Update
I love todoist, but I've been having more and more issues with the program lately. I use the application for mac.
1) As mentioned in other posts, overdue tasks are not sorting correctly. Tasks due today and in the future are not sorting properly. (Not sorting by priority, then by project.)
2) Adding tasks with the button in the upper right doesn't bring up the day a task is assigned to, but rather a priority page, and does not disappear when the task is added. I've added some tasks several times because I thought it hadn't registered the request.
3) When I close the application, it remains running, but will not reopen a window until I quit the program and restart it.
4) When scrolling up from lower in the page, the tool bar at the top right leaves impressions on the page, covering text. The issue is similar when the bar informing me I've deleted a task is present (it leaves similar impressions, hiding task text).
All of these issues have been ongoing for weeks now. I would really like some way to get updates on these issues. I'm not sure how often to mention that they're still a problem because I have no way of knowing if the developers believe they've been fixed.
Asked by Christy on Sep 04, 2012 - 05:33
1. We are aware of this issue and are working on it right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2. We can't reproduce this issue. Could you please try to access Todoist through a web browser (let us know which one(s) you've tried) and confirm if this issue persists there?
3. We will address these issues in future revisions of the Mac app.
4. Please let us know if this issue can also be reproduced when accessing Todoist through a web browser.
please tell me:
- Which version of Safari and Firefox are you using?
- Can you describe step-by-step how to reproduce this issue (what task name and what due date are you typing in)?
- What's the default start page set in Todoist Preferences -> General?
although we can't reproduce this issue with the date formats you're using (today, tomorrow, Monday), we've been able to identify an issue that occurs if you use the month/date format so, for example, adding a task with a due date 9/20 (September 20th) will indeed cause the QuickAdd box not to disappear and load a priority page in the background. Using the day/month date 20/9 doesn't cause this problem.
We're sorry for the inconvenience and will try to fix this issue as soon as we can.