search does not work
I've noticed today that search does not work properly. For example, when I try to find 'q: business' or 'q: balance', the search returns nothing, although I definitely have task names containing such words. For some other words, like 'q: numbers', the search works. The issue appears both in Firefox plugin and web interface. Hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) does not help. Please fix.
Asked by pxm255 on Aug 02, 2012 - 13:56
Unknown on Aug 03, 2012 - 10:12
I am also having the issue and love this tool!
Thanks for the support.
Unfortunately, the issues has been fixed only partially. In the examples in my first post, 'q: business' works now, but 'q: balance' only finds one tasks 'Pay off Capital One credit card balance' in Active items, but I have another task right next to it 'Pay off Chase credit card balance' with the same key word 'balance', which is not found. Also, since these two tasks are recurring, the search is supposed to find several items in the Completed task, but it only finds the last two completed tasks and does not find all other previous tasks. Please fix further.
please try to log out of Todoist, clear your browser's cache, reload the browser, log back in and let me know if the issue persists.
As for the completed tasks - if a recurring task is checked off, then you should not see it in the "Completed" section of the q: search as it's not completed, but still active and scheduled for the next occurrence.
You should see each "completion" event of a recurring task only in the "# Completed" history (top-right corner).
If you move a recurring task to history, then you should see one completion event in the "Completed" section of the q: search.
Please clarify - which completed list are you referring to.
I've tried logging out, clearing my browser's cache, reloading the browser and logging back to Todoist. The issue still persists - search does not return one of the tasks which should be in the Active items for 'q: balance'.
By completed tasks, I meant the completed tasks returned by 'q: balance' search. I see your point about the recurring tasks still being active and not appearing in the completed of 'q: balance'.
The problem remaining is with the active items of 'q: search', which is in my example is 'q: balance'. It shows 'Pay off Capital One credit card balance', but not 'Pay off Chase credit card balance' which is located in the same project and is active as well.