Whole project with dozens of entries lost
I opened todoist today and found that dozens of subitems of a project are just lost! Just the name of the project is left but I cannot open it to the see the subitems... That's UNBELIEVABLE for they are relevant data for my actual work! Clearing Cache and offline data in Firefox 14.0.1 didn't work. Can you restore data from a specific date? Such a data loss makes todoist for me completely unreliable and USELESS... :(
Asked by Michael Schömburg on Aug 01, 2012 - 00:22
Michael Schömburg on Aug 01, 2012 - 00:37
The Item has a * - meaning it has no checkbox.
SOME of the lost sub-items I found in "Completed tasks" - which they weren't - but I cannot restore them because they have no checkboxes (which they had originally).
please tell me - can you reproduce this issue in Chrome? We have not experienced any data loss and it's important to us to make sure something like this is never going to happen and we would greatly appreciate if you could try to access your list through Chrome's Incognito Window (Ctrl+Shift+N) and/or Firefox's Private Browsing mode (Ctrl+Shift+P) and let us know if you can access your tasks from there.
Also, have you used any Todoist mobile apps incl. third-party apps recently? When you've cleared offline data, did you also clear application data and made sure Todoist isn't on the list of blocked Exceptions?
Michael Schömburg on Aug 01, 2012 - 02:34
Thanks for Your reply!
I tried an Incognito Window in Chrome - same as before: My "lost" items are dropped as "completed", but cannot be restored from there - because they have no checkbox.
I also encountered several problems while loading the last two days:
- a popup tells me there had been an unknown error, todoist will try to reload
- another popup told me: there are more than 80 projects. I deleted some - but each try to add a new project resulted in this popup...
unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue right now. There has been a problem yesterday with syncing and it's possible that it might have caused this issue. Please tell me - have you used any mobile Todoist apps recently? Can you reproduce this issue by creating a couple of test tasks + sub-tasks and see if they can be retrieved from the "Get completed" list (note - sub-task require their parent task to be un-checked in order for the whole structure to be re-activated).
As for the other issues - the limitation in projects and tasks per project is temporary and will be gradually lifted in the future.
Also, could you please specify if you see the "Todoist will try to reload" error only in specific views or when performing a specific action?
Michael Schömburg on Aug 01, 2012 - 03:41
- I dont use mobile apps with this account
- when adding new tasks + sub-tasks I dont get this issue
- as I said: the tasks that could now not be restored from the "Get completed"-list had checkboxes and dont have them now AND they were sub-tasks of a task, that uses the asterisk (therefore it has no checkbox) which is still there; when I add a new asterisk-task, completed sub-task always stay there and dont go into the "Get completed"-list
- "Todoist will try to reload" appears right at opening todoist from a bookmark (http://todoist.com/app?lang=de&v=54#start)
I will continue to try to reproduce this issue and we will fix it as soon as we identify the problem causing it. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.
As for the error message - please try to modify your bookmark so that it will point directly to Todoist.com (nothing else except http://todoist.com should be in this link). Your language settings are stored on the server and you will always be redirected to the version you prefer.