backspace does not work in task
I like the ToDoist very much. its really user friendly.
in Outlook plugin:
- When we add/edit task the backspace does not work. This makes it a bit difficult to use whenever we need to correct the typo issue by hitting backspace.
Hope you will have the fix soon.
waiting for your response.
Asked by Dileep on Jun 27, 2012 - 04:35
unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue.
Please tell me:
- What version of Outlook and what version of Windows are you using?
- Do you have the latest version of our Outlook plugin (how long ago did you install it)?
Also, it would be very helpful if you could describe step-by-step how to reproduce this issue (how are you adding a task - using "Add task" or "Quick add"? how are you editing it - by clicking on it, or using the gear icon or right-clicking and choosing "Edit" etc.)
Dileep on Jun 27, 2012 - 21:46
Unfortunatetly I could not reproduce this problem. If I find this issue again then I will try to get the steps to reproduce the issue.
I am using outlook 2010. I installed plugin yesterday only. After installation I restared by PC. And launched the Outlook. It informed that the pluing is being setup. then I was trying to add projects and task. During some use case I could not hit back space.
Dileep on Jun 27, 2012 - 21:56
I think I got the issue here. Can't say issue but may be an improvement.
1) login to ToDoist
2) add a new project.
3) add a new task under the project added in step 2.
4) Save it
5) Now there is a feature which allow user to click on the task it changes to Edit mode.
Observe the task is in edit mode but the focus is not in the textbox. I think I was kind of doing editing like this and hit backspace. Nothing works as the focus is not in the textbox (editable text control).
If the focus is added to the text box (same as when you do right click on task and select "edit task" - this allows me to immediately click on backspace or any character to edit the text quickly)
So this is not just issue with backspace. It is not focusing on the text box when you do edit by simple single click on the task.
I think its good to have feature. Also easy edit is possible (User dont have to click on the text box again to edit it)
Dileep on Jun 28, 2012 - 00:31
I got the real issue reproduced.
1) Outlook plugin installed (on 2010 outlook)
2) Make sure the todoist is docked on the rightside of the outlook.
3) Make sure you have some task with some 30 character comment
1) Resize the todoist to make the task description show in 2 line (auto wordwrap).
Testing the mulitline text issue in the task
2) Now click on "+" sign on top of the title bar(plus sign within the circle icon)
3) add some text to task.
4) Now Hit backspace..
Observe nothing happens.
Please fix this issue.
Brad Bell on Jul 11, 2012 - 05:36
I am using the latest version of Todist (downloaded today) and Outlook 2010. When I am adding a task, the backspace does not work to correct the task title.
we are aware of this issue and will fix it in the future revisions of our Outlook plugin. Thank you for your report and sorry for any inconvenience this issue might have caused you.
Please note that this issue usually only occurs if you resize the plugin window or when you try to edit an added task in which case the focus is not on the input field. For now, as a workaround, try not to resize the plugin window.
This issue has been fixed in the updated version of our Outlook plugin.
Please uninstall the old version in your "Programs and Features" list in the Control Panel (it's listed as "OutlookTodoist") and then download and install the new version from this location: http://todoist.com/static/outlook/Todoist_For_Microsoft_Outlook.exe