Todoist changes deadlines in some of my repeating tasks
Hi, the problem is that todoist changes all my deadlines in different projects and makes them plus 4 hour later. This happens whith some of my repeting tasks. For example if i write "every 1 @ 13:00 it saves it as "every 1 @ 13:00". But after i log in next time or make some aother moves, i see 17:00". When i start edit task i see correct time (every 1 @ 13:00) in datetime box. But i turns to 17:00 right after i close edit panel. If i try to change time to another for example 12:00 and save it than i get correct 12:00 time. But this can't solve the problem becase time change to incorrect (plus 4 hours) again in some time.
I use GMT+03:00 (Moscow) in my windows system and same in my todoist account.
This is what i type in datetime box for my task: "every 1 @ 13:30".
Asked by mike on Mar 29, 2012 - 00:00
please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- Does this issue also occur in a different browser?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through the website or through a plugin (if so - which one)?
- Does choosing a different GMT+3 timezone without a city from the bottom of the list solve this issue?
- What are the time zone settings on your computer? Note - even though your system clock may be well adjusted, please check which time zone has been selected in your system.
Unknown on Mar 30, 2012 - 03:59
I am in the Eastern time zone (USA) and have the exact same problem as Mike since Daylight Savings Time began. The times of my events display as one hour later than what they were set to be, and all my reminders arrive one hour later than they should. My Windows time zone is correctly set as Eastern Time. Mind you, Windows describes that time zone as (UTC -5:00) which is not correct during DST: we're actually only 4 hours behind UTC. Maybe that's where the problem comes from?
please go to Todoist Preferences -> General Settings and try to pick a GMT-4:00 time zone (at the very bottom of the list, you can find time zones with no city description).
If this won't fix this issue (even after clearing the browser cache), please let us know.