To do Dates are one day ahead
When I enter a due date for a task, the date posted is one day ahead. For example if I enter a task for 2/17 (today) it shows up on the todo list as due tomorrow. Is there anyway that the task can show up that it's due today.
Asked by dashe on Feb 17, 2012 - 00:32
dashe on Feb 17, 2012 - 01:56
The time zone I’m in is CST as I live in Minneapolis. The time and date info is correct on my laptop however the time zone in Todo is showing Central America and I cannot change it. When I change it to CST US and Canada it reverts back the CST Central America.
please tell me:
- What timezone are you using with Todoist (Preferences -> General Settings)?
- If you're using a timezone with a description, does choosing the same zone without a description from the bottom of the list fixes this issue?
- Is your system clock as well as your system timezone the same as the one you're using with Todoist?
Also, please try to add a due date with a specific time (for example: tomorrow at 15:00 or every Mon at 18:00) and let me know what exact date/time is displayed in Todoist for these tasks.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to reproduce this issue, it's very important to gather detailed information about the circumstances which trigger this bug.
Therefore, please tell me:
- Have you tried using the time zone: "GMT-05:00 - Eastern Time (US & Canada)" from the top of the list, from the middle part of the list or just the GMT-05:00 from the bottom part and all three trigger this bug?
- If you add a task with the due date "every monday @ 8:00am" what exact date./time appears on your task list. Note - it's important that you clarify the exact time, so do you see just "Today" or "Today at 8 am" or what other time is being displayed?
- Is the exact same time being displayed when you add a task with the same due date while using each of the three Easter Time options from the preferences? Note - please change the zone in the preferences first, wait for the page to reload, then add a new task with the same date.
- Is the time zone on your laptop also set to eastern? Note - not just the system clock, but also the system time zone?
Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but this detailed information is crucial to identify the source of this issue.