+ Add Question

Why is default date so off?

E

This is more of a bug than a question: since yesterday, the default date when I add it from "Today" or "Next 7 days" is the date of my most overdue task, which then sets it to that date in 2015.

E.g. I have a task that was due July 1, 2014. Now, all future tasks have a default date of July 1, 2015. If I move the overdue task to August 1, 2014, then all future tasks will have a default date of Aug 1, 2015.

Is there a setting I can change?

All responses

Brendon Wadey staff
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 15:37

Hi Eric,

This is a known issue that we are looking into now. Though most of these reports the default date is an older past date.

When you say move the task, you change its due date?


Regards,
Brendon

Pratyush Nalam
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 16:50

This happened to me too a few days ago. But for me, it was going backwards in time! I think it is resolved now? Haven't seen it again. :-)

E
Eric
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 16:52

That's correct, when I change the due date of the most overdue task. Great to hear that yours is resolved, I just checked mine, still have the issue.

Pratyush Nalam
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 16:54

Well, I generally add tasks from "view all" and not from the filters you mentioned. Maybe that's an issue too? I don't know. Just speculating

E
Eric
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 16:57

That sounds right to me! I don't have the problem from "inbox," only the views that filter by date (today, next 7 days)

I also noticed that when I'm in these views, when I move the task by "drag and drop," it sets the year to 2015.

Pratyush Nalam
Replied on Aug 26, 2014 - 16:59

That's really weird. I have never dragged or dropped (or both) so I can't really comment on that. Hope your issue is resolved soon! (+1)

MW
Mark Wallace premium
Replied on Sep 01, 2014 - 08:07

Also having the exact same problem as Eric. What timelines in terms of being resolved?
thx.

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Sep 01, 2014 - 08:28

Hi Mark,

We don't have a specific timeline yet for this but this is in high of list of things to fix. We're constantly reporting any new information to our developers. We'll make sure to update this thread once the fix is available. Really sorry for the inconvenience.


Regards,
Clyde

David Trey staff
Replied on Sep 01, 2014 - 16:24

Hello,

This issue has been fixed, but requires deleting Todoist's offline cache. This can be done:

In Chrome - go to Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data, find and delete all Todoist-based entries on this list.

In Firefox - go to Options -> Advanced -> Network and delete Todoist-based entries from the list of sites storing offline data.

In Outlook or the Windows app, delete the "Cache" folder located in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Todoist\Windows ... or \Outlook.


Regards,
David